Ready for a salad to brighten up your potluck tomorrow?
But what about your greens? You need to have greens. Are you going to just have that same old boring salad you have at every potluck? I sure hope not!
I suggest you try this green bean and almond quinoa salad.
Green beans are one of my favorite vegetables. They’re crunchy, colorful and with just slight sweetness that makes them perfect in almost any salad.
Especially a quinoa salad like this one.
Granted I love them raw as a snack too, but with a simple steam, chopped up and tossed on a salad they’re sensational.
This salad highlights the green bean in a very special way. The quinoa adds texture, but it’s the sliced almond that add that extra crunch that this salad so desperately needs. Plus with a little almond extract drizzled into the mix, this green bean and almond quinoa salad is quite divine.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I have used both red & rainbow, and I actually prefer the red!)
- 1 lb green beans, clean and chopped into 2" pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Steam the green pieces until just tender, about 5 - 7 minutes. Allow them to cool slightly.
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.