A simple recipe for quinoa tacos that are made with a spicy mango-lime quinoa filling, creamy guacamole spread, and crunchy red cabbage to finish.
It's Tuesday and we're makin' TACOS!
And even better than tacos on a Tuesday is 10-minute tacos on a Tuesday! Yes, as in 1-0. That's all it takes to make these delicious and healthy quinoa tacos. And with an ingredient list as basic as this, you really can't go wrong. Dinner planned.
Today I'm partnering with my friends from Sabra to bring you this super duper easy taco recipe and inside we're using their new Veggie Fusions guacamole dip. You guys, these dips are so good. They're basically like a lightened up guacamole with fun fruit and veggie add-ins.
They've still got the ultra-creamy texture, as ripe Haas avocados are the main ingredient, but they actually contain 30% less fat because of all the veggies! And don't worry…they're still packed with fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants, just cut out a little bit of the fat.
Plus, they come in three flavors–southwestern, garden vegetable and mango lime–and it takes guac eating to a whole new level.
I'm using the mango lime as the base for these tacos and it's the combo couldn't be better. Paired with the crunchy red cabbage and spicy quinoa mixture, these tacos are flavorful, festive and totally fiesta-approved!
And you are going to L-O-V-E this filling.
We're combining fluffy quinoa, ripe mango chunks, spicy salsa, aromatic Mexican spices, and tangy lime juice to make the ultimate meatless taco filling. Each bite has a meat-like quality to it, with bursts of sweetness of the mango and heat from the salsa. And it's all is tied together with that creamy guacamole spread.
Now I'm not usually a hard shell taco type of girl, but these might have changed my mind. Usually, when I'm eating a plate of soft corn tortilla tacos, they inevitably break apart after one bite and I end up with a huge mess on my plate that I scoop up with chips.
Hard taco shells? Don't break apart AND they kind of double as a chip. Genius! And such a great option for these quinoa tacos, which admittedly can be a tad messy. But messy in a totally fun-to-eat kind of way 😉
So…I hope I convinced to hop on the meatless taco train! If you've got 10 minutes to spare, then you can whip up these fabulous tacos and you'll look like a total superstar doing it. Healthy fast-food tacos with 100% whole food ingredients. Taco Tuesday = owned.
More Healthy Taco Recipes:
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower + Quinoa Tacos
- Cilantro Lime Black Bean Quinoa Tacos
- Crispy Tofu Tacos with Vegan Lime Crema
- 10-Minute Mediterranean Tostadas
Mango Lime Quinoa Tacos
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup fresh diced mango
- 1/4 cup spicy jarred salsa
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Mango Lime Veggie Fusions
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 - 8 corn tortillas/hard taco shells
- Cilantro to garnish
- Mix together the quinoa, mango, salsa, lime juices, spices and salt. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Assemble the tacos: spread 1 tablespoon of the Veggie Fusions on the taco, topping that with 1 small bit of cabbage, then 2 - 3 tablespoons of the quinoa mixture. Repeat until all ingredients have been used.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and a touch more fresh lime juice (or hot sauce) and enjoy!
WW SmartPoints: 4
This post is sponsored by my friends at Sabra but all opinions are my own. I love their hummus and love what the company stands for. Thank you for supporting the companies I believe in!