Mushroom + Broccoli Quinoa Pizza
Author - Alyssa Rimmer
Need a quick weeknight meal? Try this vegetarian quinoa pizza recipe topped with tomato sauce, goat cheese, mushrooms + broccoli!
Who would have thought you were all such pizza lovers!
It’s kind of blown my mind how popular my quinoa pizza crust post has been. In a you-guys-freaking-rock kind of way! And yes, I like totally love you.
But let me be honest with myself for a minute though…is it really that surprising that we’re all pizza lovers? Especially when the pizza is made to be totally healthy and still delicious? It’s no wonder so many of us (including me and Matt) have added it to our weekly dinner rotations!
And as my adoration for quinoa pizza has steadily grown (each time I make it, it’s better and better), I realized that I haven’t been sharing many of our tasty creations with you. I gave you the pizza crust…but then kind of left you hanging. No follow up recipes, no ideas for toppings, no pictures of how I’ve been enjoying mine. <– (which might or might not be because we can’t wait long enough to take pictures, but that's beside the point)
So today that changes. Today, I’m bringing back the quinoa pizza and showing you one of our favorite ways to enjoy it.
This vegetarian creation is super simple but works really well for a variety of flavors. You can make it for a quick weeknight meal or your family or even make them into personal pizzas (like we did) and let people choose their own toppings!
This particular recipe is for a Mushroom + Broccoli Quinoa Pizza and I’m obsessed. It starts with a base of tomato sauce (any type will do), then a layer of shredded goat/cow/vegan cheese, then some sauteed broccoli and mushrooms on top and you just bake away until golden brown and bubbly.
The combination of the sweetness from the tomatoes, with the saltiness from the cheese, to the earthiness of the mushrooms and crunch from the broccoli, turns this into one epic pizza. Oh and if you want to get even crazier (like Matt did), add on some crumbled feta and a teeny bit of sausage.
More Amazing Pizza Recipes to try:
- Low Carb Zucchini Pizza Crust
- BBQ Quinoa Pizza with Chickpeas
- Pumpkin & Spinach Flatbreads with Goat Cheese
- Gluten-Free Multigrain Pizza with Crispy Proscuitto
- Spinach + Artichoke Quinoa Pizza Crust
- Life-Changing Sweet Potato Pizza Crust
Mushroom + Broccoli Quinoa Pizza
This vegetarian creation is super simple, but works really well for a variety of flavors. You can make it for a quick weeknight meal or your family or even make them into personal pizzas (like we did) and let people choose their own toppings!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 9" cake pan with parchment paper and drizzle one tablespoon of oil in the center. Spread around with your hands until evenly coated and set pan aside.
- Prepare the pizza crust according to the instructions. Start by thoroughly rinsing the quinoa, then adding it to a blender with the remaining ingredients, and blending it on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove, flip and return to oven baking for another 10 - 15 minutes until browned and edges are crispy.
- While baking the second time, preheat a skillet over medium heat and gently saute the broccoli and mushrooms until the mushrooms are tender, but the broccoli is still a bit crunchy, about 5 minutes. Remove and let cool until pizza is done baking.
- Remove crust from the oven and top with sauce, cheese and veggies. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until cheese has melted and broccoli is starting to brown.
- Remove, let cool for a few minutes in the pan, transfer cutting board and slice.
- Garnish with herbs, pepper flakes, grated cheese, etc., and serve immediately!
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram using #SIMPLYQUINOA – I want to see your own quinoa creations!