Okay, so I'm totally a sandwich girl.
I think they're one of the greatest things on earth. You can make them any which way you please, combining tons of different flavor types, all sorts of breads (gluten-free for me!), cheese, textures, meats, vegges. Grilled, toasted or just left alone. They're just sooo good!!
Ahh, I could go on forever and ever about my obsession with sandwiches.
But first things first, we need to talk about what make this sandwich so special. And this one is all about the toppings (and the fabulous gluten-free bread).
Well, we mind as well just list them out:
- Numero uno: this is hands down the best gluten-free bread I've ever had.
- Numero dos: this sammy is open faced. Meaning it has fewer calories, is way less filling, but is still just as tasty as its two-slice counterpart.
- Numero tres: it's piled-high with veggies. Fresh, local, organic veggies.
- Numero cuatro: the spreads are to die for. On the base we have a cauliflower hummus, with creamy, peppered goat cheese on top.
- And numero cinco: the slices of organic, smoked turkey breast are the icing on this gluten-free cake (so to speak) – flavorful and delicious!
Sandwiches are great for so many reasons. They're portable, easy to assemble, and crazy, crazy good. Give me a sandwich any time of day – breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacktime – and I'm a happy little lady.
- 2 slices gluten-free bread (or bread of your choosing), lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons hummus (I used this recipe)
- 5 – 6 slices of fresh zucchini (cucumber would also work)
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 4 slices fresh tomato
- 1/4 lb (about 5 – 6 slices) turkey meat (or deli meat of your choice)
- 2 pinches sprouts
- Salt & red pepper to taste
- Spread 1 tablespoon hummus on each slice of bread. Top with zucchini and sprinkle with goat cheese. Add tomatoes and turkey meat and garnish with sprouts. Sprinkle with salt and hot pepper.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 314kcal Calories from fat 150|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 17g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|