This recipe for Peach Tart with Black Raspberries is made with sweet, melt-in-your-mouth peaches, and gets a hint of tartness from fresh black raspberries. An easy treat that's perfect for summer!
Nothing screams summer more than a ripe peach. When peaches are in season I am obsessed. Literally. I day dream about them. I eat one every day.
I'm a bit of a peach fanatic.
There's something absolutely perfect about biting into a fresh peach. As the juices ooze into your fingers and drip down your face, you're in heaven. A sweet elixir that leaves your taste buds in pure bliss, your heart warm and your mind happy.
Yes, peaches are magical in every sense of the word.
Since peach season is short, and summer already seems to be flying by, I've decided I need to embrace the power they have over me and eat them as much as possible.
This includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and of course, dessert.
By now you also know that I'm a huge berry fan. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and black raspberries, they're a fabulous way to liven up even the most simple of dishes.
Some of my favorite berry treats:
- Black Raspberry “Cheesecake”
- French Toast with Berries
- Strawberry & Peach Quinoa Breakfast
- Grilled Summer Vegetable Salad
And now there's this one. An elegant Peach & Black Raspberry tart. Full of sweetness, fresh peaches that melt in your mouth with each bite, with a hint of tartness from the black raspberries. An easy treat that is perfect to celebrate summer with.
Peach & Black Raspberry Tarts
- 1/4 cup toasted quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 for the crust, 1/2 for the filling
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar 1 for the crust, 2 for the filling
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 ripe peach pit removed and sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup black raspberries or any berries you choose
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch or any starch of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray two mini tart pans with cooking spray.
- To assemble the crust, combine the quinoa flour, almond meal, salt, 1/2 of the cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1 tablespoon of the coconut sugar into a large mixing bowl. Whisk together.
- Add the vanilla and coconut oil to the dry ingredients and mix until you have a sandy texture.
- Scoop the “dough” into the tart pans and shape it with your fingers, pressing it flat into the bottom of the pans and up the sides so that all the metal is covered.
- Place the tart shells on a baking sheet and bake in the center of a warmed oven for about 12 minutes, until they begin to brown.
- While the crusts are baking, prepare your filling by adding the sliced peaches, berries, lemon juice and zest, tapioca start and the remaining 1/2 of the cinnamon and the rest of the sugar into a small mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together and them sit until the crust are done.
- When the crusts are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop the berries out of the bowl with a slotted spoon and make a thin layer in the center of each crust.
- Top the berry layer with the sliced peaches.
- Bake the tarts in the center of a warmed oven (still at 350 degrees F) for about 30 minutes, until the peaches are soft and the juices from the berries start to bubble.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt, ice cream and pasty cream.
Get your daily dose of the Queen of Quinoa!
Hangout with me on Google+
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Pin with me on Pinterest