This Peppermint Patty Rice Crispy Treat recipe is perfect for the holiday season. In my mind, now that Thanksgiving is behind us, it’s time to start thinking about the rest of the holidays. And for me, that means Christmas. My favorite holiday of the year.
When I dream of Christmas treats, nothing screams the holiday more than peppermint. Think red and white candy canes, peppermint brownies, and peppermint cookies. Are you feeling the Christmas spirit yet? I know I am!
Peppermint Patty Rice Crispy Treats
- Combine the cereal and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl. Stir to coat the cereal in the cocoa and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir until slightly melted and a bit more liquidy.
- Pour the liquid over the cereal mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until fully coated and the mixture starts to stick together.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish (I used an 8″ x 8″) and refrigerate for at least 2 – 3 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.