Crock-Pot® Pressure Cooker Fried Quinoa with Tofu
Author - Alyssa Rimmer
This Pressure Cooker Fried Quinoa is a quick and easy vegetarian meal, perfect for a busy night. Packed with protein, veggies and ready in just 15 minutes! This post is also sponsored by the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker brand and as always all opinions are mine alone!
Pressure cookers seem to be all the rage these days, and while I was certainly skeptical at first, I can tell you now, I totally get it. They're a great tool for getting a quick, easy and delicious dinner on the table.
Think of them like a slow cooker, but instead of waiting hours and hours for your meal to cook, it's ready in minutes. Perfect for those of us who never feel like we have time to cook a proper dinner for our family!
And today I'm going to be showing you how to make a delicious (and super simple) Pressure Cooker Fried Quinoa with tofu, veggies and eggs!
I'm bringing you today's recipe in partnership with the Crock-Pot® brand and their new Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker!
I have to admit when I first tested this pressure cooker fried quinoa recipe I was super scared. I've heard horror stories of pressure cookers exploding, people burning themselves, etc., but this machine was seriously SO easy to use. You just put everything in the multi-cooker, seal the lid, close the vent and set your timer for 6 minutes.
Then in about 15 minutes (it's gotta heat up), your fried quinoa is ready!
Yep, that's right! Dinner from start to finish in about 15 minutes. How amazing is that!?
One of the other things I love about the Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker is that you can not only pressure cook your meals, but you can also slow cook, steam, saute/brown and even make yogurt! (<– yogurt is definitely on my list next)
Since traditional fried rice has scrambled eggs, I was able to use the Brown/Saute setting on the pressure cooker to cook the eggs. That means less clean up for you and even more protein and nutrients for your family!
Now I can officially say, after testing multiple recipes in the Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker, I'm hooked. Pressure cooking is amazing and saves SO much time!
If you don't already have a pressure cooker, I highly recommend checking out the one from the Crock-Pot® brand. It's got 8 different meal settings, it's non-stick and dishwasher safe, AND it's much more reasonably priced than the others out there.
And if you're looking for even more recipe ideas, I've got a full 7-day dinner meal plan for you right below the recipe!
Pressure Cooker Fried Quinoa
This Pressure Cooker Fried Quinoa is a quick and easy vegetarian meal, perfect for a busy night. Packed with protein, veggies and ready in just 15 minutes!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 10 oz bag frozen peas + carrots
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 package extra firm tofu cubed
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari + more to garnish if desired
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Scallions to garnish
- Add quinoa, frozen veggies, tofu, tamari, miso, garlic and ginger into the Express Crock. Top with water and stir to combine.
- Seal the lid on the pressure cooker, making sure the vent is closed. Using the Rice/Risotto setting, turn on and set the timer to 6 minutes. Hit start and let the pressure cooker do its thing.
- Once the timer has gone off, allow the pressure cook to sit for 5 - 10 minutes, then release the vent. Remove the lid and stir the quinoa mixture around. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.*
- Once slightly cooled, turn the Express Crock on the Brown/Saute setting. Move the quinoa mixture to the side to create an open space in the pressure cooker. Add the sesame oil and eggs, and cook until eggs are almost firm. Gently fold everything together and turn the pressure cooker off.
- Serve warm topped with scallions and a drizzle extra of tamari if desired.
* allow the quinoa to sit for 5 minutes before adding the eggs will help it remain fluffy
7-Day Express Crock Dinner Meal Plan
Monday: Quinoa Fried Rice with Tofu
Tuesday: Thai Pumpkin Soup
Wednesday: Spaghetti Squash Bolognese (veg option: use vegan taco meat)
Thursday: Slow Cooker Lentil Sloppy Joes (use Beans/Chili setting and cook for 15 minutes)
Friday: Slow Cooker Coconut Quinoa Curry (use Beans/Chili Setting and cook for 10 minutes)
Saturday: Sweet Potato + Black Bean Quinoa Chili (use Beans/Chili setting and cook for 15 minutes)
Sunday: Express Paella (veg option: skip chorizo step, swap broth and swap shrimp for tofu)
This recipe is brought to you in partnership with the Crock-Pot® brand. As always, all opinions are my own. I only share companies I love and trust, so thank you for continuing to support Simply Quinoa!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
share what you make
tag @simplyquinoa on Instagram with your creations!
we love sharing what you make with the community!