Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies
Author - Alyssa Rimmer
Dive into fall with these delicious pumpkin chocolate chip quinoa cookies! Easy to make, packed with healthy ingredients, and full of warm autumn spices and mini chocolate chips. They're the ultimate fall treat!
The start of these cookies couldn't be simpler: we're just grinding up some gluten-free oats and turning them into a flour.
I'm using the ones from Bob's Red Mill because they are certified gluten-free and are the best quality I've found. You already know how much I adore the entire Bob's product line (they've been a partner of SQ for over three years!), so I'm excited to be partnering with them again today and sharing this tasty little number with you.
So we've got our gluten-free oats…but then what? Friends, I swear it's so easy. Just quinoa flakes, coconut sugar, spices, salt and baking soda. Dry ingredients done.
For the wet ingredients, it's equally as simple: pumpkin, a flax egg and maple syrup. Then just stir it all together, toss in some vegan chocolate chips and boom. Cookies are ready to go.
What I love about oat flour is how much moisture it brings to recipes. Unlike other grain flours, oat flour tends to be a bit more coarse, especially if you're making it at home. And since it's so coarse, it doesn't make the baked goods dry out as much.
The quinoa flakes add a similar texture, but since they're rolled more thinly, they end up absorbing some of the moisture so that the cookies aren't a soggy mess. And if you don't have quinoa flakes, no problem! You can easily swap them out for quick cooking oats, which you can find certified gluten-free from Bob's.
And who doesn't love the pumpkin-chocolate combination?
I'm more of a mini cookie type of person, so I went with mini chocolate chips here, but if you want to make them bigger, feel free. I just like have as much chocolate as possible, and since the chips are mini, there's more of them and they're more evenly distributed across all the cookies.
The worst thing ever is when you dig into a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie and there's only two chocolate chips inside. Amiright!?
Mini ones fix that problem, so I highly suggest trying them 🙂
And so now you're ready. Ready to take on the world of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in all its glory. Because you have a recipe that is not only soft, chewy, sweet and tender, but it's also healthy. Win! Arguably healthy enough to have for breakfast. Double win!
Hope you enjoy them!
More Delicious Pumpkin Dessert Recipes to try:
- Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Pie with Almond Flour Pie Crust
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Quinoa Bars
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 flaxseed eggs or regular eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla optional
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or regular chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment as set aside.
- Add oats to a blender and grind on high until fine; the texture of flour.
- Measure 1 1/2 cups oat flour and add to a large mixing bowl along with quinoa flakes, sugar, spices, baking soda and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together pumpkin, eggs, syrup and vanilla if using. Pour over dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten with your hands, then bake for 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown, but still soft.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Thanks to my lovely friends at Bob's Red Mill for sponsoring today's recipe. And thank YOU for supporting the companies I believe in! I only share the ones I truly love and Bob's is at the top of my list!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Want more quinoa dessert recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!
share what you make
tag @simplyquinoa on Instagram with your creations!
we love sharing what you make with the community!