A simple cobb salad that is easy to whip up and has a nice little surprise of quinoa thrown into the mix.
I've always loved myself a good cobb salad. It's like the perfect mix of ingredients sitting on top of a fresh bed of mixed greens. But let's be honest with each other here, cobb salad is so delicious because it's topped with yummy, fatty ingredients. At the end of the day though, who's counting?
We all need a little fat in our diets. Am I right or am I right?
But luckily for us, cobb salad has some of the healthy fats that we don't need to feel guilty about. There's avocado, hard-boiled egg, and grilled chicken. Of course, you're more than welcome to add that delicious sprinkle of cheese and bits of bacon that traditionally finish cobb salad.
Whatever suits your salad fancy.
Summertime is the perfect season for cobb salads. Which means you should make this today. Like right this second. And let me tell you why.
Aside from all the yummy ingredients, if you've never made a cobb salad before, you're going to be shocked and delighted at how easy they are to make. Just throw your toppings on some greens, drizzle with a little balsamic and that's it. Dinner is ready is like literally 5 minutes (unless you have to grill the chicken, which may add another 10). But okay, 15 minutes? Doesn't get much better than that!
More Healthy Quinoa Salad Recipes To Try
- “Caprese” Quinoa Salad
- Blackberry & Apricot Quinoa Salad
- Creamy Vegan Broccoli Quinoa Salad
- Herbed Spring Quinoa Salad
- Creamy Superfood Kale & Lentil Quinoa Salad
Simple Cobb Salad with Quinoa
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup steamed sweet corn
- 1/4 of an avocado diced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 boneless chicken breast grilled
- 2 strips of cooked bacon optional
- 1 oz crumbled goat or blue cheese optional
- Balsamic vinegar or dressing of choice
- Place greens on a plate, then arrange toppings however you so choose. Drizzle with the dressing of your choice, mix and enjoy immediately.