I distinctly remember a super bowl party I attended in college that had fabulous appetizers. The memorable spread included tangy barbecue and spicy buffalo wings, fresh veggies and homemade dip, and a fabulous fruit platter. But in the center of it all was this heaping plate of mini quiches. Packed with veggies and cheese, nestled in buttery crusts, the quiches were sensational. But I also knew they were wildly unhealthy.
With this recipe, I wanted to recreate that delicious appetizer into a healthy, clean snack for all to enjoy. Starting from the outside and working my way in, I opted for no crust to keep these naturally gluten-free and lower in carbs, I used no milk or cream with the egg batter to reduce the fat and keep them dairy-free, and I packed these bites full of the wondrous green, spinach. The result was a super healthy, green-filled, gluten-free, dairy-free, perfect cocktail party (or football party, or any party really!) appetizer that all of your guests will surely enjoy!
- 4 large, organic eggs
- 3/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat together the eggs in a mixing bowl, until frothy. Whisk in spinach and artichokes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the egg mixture into each of the muffins tins until you’ve used all your batter.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until the quiches are cooked through and the tops no longer jiggle.
- Cool for five minutes and serve warm, or let cool completely and serve at room temperature.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 20kcal Calories from fat 8|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|