Spinach + Artichoke Quinoa Pizza Crust
The healthiest quinoa pizza crust recipe yet! Topped with vegan pesto, spinach and artichokes, this is the perfect alternative to your weekly takeout.
We've got all sorts of green goin' on today! And for good reason:
- greens are amazing and so, so nourishing. They provide you with tons of phytonutrients and plant-based protein, plus they're also energizing and detoxifying
- it's St. Patrick's day! Meaning green food is an absolute must!
So in true SQ fashion, I'm tantalizing your taste buds with a green-filled recipe that is actually healthy. Basically, while everyone else is out indulging in green beverages, comforting (and no so healthy) Irish food and unnatural green-colored sweets, WE can sit here being proud of ourselves for eating pizza. Yes, pizza.
Not just any pizza though…QUINOA PIZZA!
That's right my friends, today I'm bring back our beloved quinoa pizza crust but turning it a vibrant green and topping it with all sorts of green goodies. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day, perfect for tomorrow's pizza night, pretty much perfect all day, everyday.
The recipe is the same is my normal 5-ingredient quinoa pizza crust, but I added in some fresh spinach to give it that lovely green color. Think of it like a green smoothie. While it looks like a salad it sure as heck doesn't taste like one! This tastes just like a traditional pizza, just with a fun green hue.
Today we're keeping the toppings totally vegan, opting for a vegan pesto on the bottom, then layering on some more spinach, some artichoke hearts (spinach + artichoke = match made in heaven), then sprinkling with some nutritional yeast for a nice cheesy flavor and a dash of microgreens to give it more pizzaz.
Since I had so much fun making this recipe, I decided I wanted to share a video showing you the exact steps to take to make it your own. You can follow along for this recipe, but you can also use this as a guide for the traditional pizza crust, just leave out the spinach!
I hope you enjoy the pizza!
More Delicious Green Recipes to try for St. Patricks Day:
- Easy Vegan Green Curry with Forbidden Rice
- Super Healthy Green Detox Soup
- Spicy Green Mexican Quinoa
- Creamy Superfood Kale & Lentil Quinoa Salad
- Matcha Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- Cucumber Avocado Quinoa Salad
- High Vibes Iced Matcha Latte
Spinach + Artichoke Quinoa Pizza Crust
- for the crust:
- 3/4 cup quinoa covered by 1" of water and soaked for 6 - 8 hours (or overnight)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- optional toppings:
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup vegan pesto
- 1 cup chopped spinach fresh
- 1/4 cup cooked artichoke hearts
- 2 - 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Microgreens optional, I used broccoli
- Soak the quinoa in water, covering it by at least 1", for 6 - 8 hours.
- Once you're ready to make the crust, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 9" cake pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking, then set pan aside.
- Thoroughly rinse quinoa, then add it to a blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend on high until smooth and creamy. This should resemble a thick pancake batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 16 minutes. Remove, flip and return to oven baking for another 10 minutes until browned and edges are crispy.
- Top with pesto, spinach and artichoke hearts, then pop it back in the oven for 5 - 10 minutes until the spinach has started to wilt.
- Remove, let cool for a few minutes in the pan, transfer cutting board and slice into quarters.
- Garnish with nutritional yeast and microgreens (if using), and serve immediately!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Want more quinoa dinner recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!