Oh yes, pumpkins are here and here to stay. Well, for the next few months at least. And I'm vowing to take full advantage of this fabulous time of year. As in I plan to put pumpkin in everything. That's acceptable, right?
Even if it's not, I'm doing it anyway. Because you want to know a little secret about me? I love pumpkin. So much so that I went through three pie pumpkins this weekend. Yes, three!
I have cans upon cans of pumpkin puree in my fridge right now, just dying to be used. My mind is swirling with recipes, both old and new. From my vegan pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins and pumpkin cookies, to exciting new dishes like pumpkin pie smoothies and pumpkin breakfast cake.
But before anything else, I was dying to make my own pumpkin butter (sugar-free of course).
Let me just say, pumpkin butter is probably one of the best things on earth. It's like spreadable pumpkin pie filling. Think pumpkin pie on toast. Pumpkin pie for breakfast. Yep, I think I need to make a slice right now. So I leave you with this. Another awesome pumpkin recipe!
gluten-free | dairy-free | sugar-free | vegan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Fill a baking dish with ¼” of water and place the pumpkin skin side up in the center of the dish. Roast for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and rest until it’s cool enough to handle.
- Scoop the flesh of the pumpkin into a food processor. Process until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the pumpkin to a sauce pan and add the remaining ingredients. Whisk until well combine.
- Bring the pumpkin mixture to a boil, turning down to low and simmering for 30 minutes to let it thicken.
- Transfer to an air tight container and cool completely. Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 202kcal Calories from fat 5|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|