These lemon blueberry baked donuts are light, tender and soft and made entirely in the blender! With 100% pure and healthy ingredients, they're a sweet you can feel great about eating!
On Tuesday I was writing about salad and now here I am with a blueberry baked donut recipe. Talk about #balance!
But seriously, I firmly believe that finding balance is the key to it all. Not just with your eating, but the way you live your entire life. When you give yourself space to do (and eat) the things that aren't necessarily considered “healthy”, I think it makes the healthy habits more attainable, relevant and something that will actually stick with you for the long term.
When you're too strict with how you live, falling off the wagon is easier, slip-ups become more intense, self-shaming becomes crippling and you start to look at yourself in a lens that is truly unhealthy. So I'm here to say, have that donut babe, you 100% deserve it!
And luckily, these donuts are actually made from pure, nutritious ingredients. So even if you wanted to grab that gigantic glazed cream puff from the bakery down the street (which, hey, no one's judging you here), you don't have to. There is an alternative. An alternative that will satisfy that sweet donut craving and leave you feeling good from the inside out.
Remember when I shared my banana chocolate donuts a few weeks ago? Well, these blueberry baked donuts are their “vanilla” cousins.
Soft, cakey, tender and light, they're made with a base of oats and almond flour, sweetened with a combination banana and coconut sugar, and flavored with a bright burst of citrus from the lemon. They are seriously everything.
And, while certainly not necessary because these donuts have plenty of flavor on their own, a little glaze never hurt anyone! We kept it super simple by using just organic powdered sugar, lemon juice and a touch of almond milk.
I hope you give these blueberry baked donuts a try next time you get that sweet craving. You're going to love how simple they are to make (all you need is a blender!), how light the texture is and how flavorful they are! They're a perfect summertime treat, but also make a lovely dessert when you need to feel free of winter's grip.
And if you want more healthy donut inspiration, be sure to check out my Vegan Banana Chocolate Donuts, Gluten-Free Banana Blender Donuts and my Baked Gluten-Free Chocolate Donuts.
Or if you try this recipe, I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment below, give it some stars, be sure to share a photo on Instagram using #simplyquinoa so I can see your healthy creation!
More Donut Recipes to Try:
Vegan Lemon Blueberry Baked Donuts
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons almond oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 - 4 teaspoons almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a donut pan and set aside.
- In the order listed, add all ingredients to a blender (minus the blueberries and glaze ingredients) and blend on high until smooth. The mixture will be thick!
- Add your blueberries into the blender and fold into the batter with a spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan, filling each all the way to the top. Bake for 16 - 18 minutes until the donuts are springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, flip the donuts out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- If you want to make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons almond milk. Add additional almond milk until glaze can be drizzled over donuts. Drizzle on top of each donut and enjoy immediately. Donuts can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 2 days.
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
5 comments on “Vegan Lemon Blueberry Baked Donuts”
Thank you! I am a novice and challenged GF DF baker and yet these worked out!!! Just curious. If I am describing these into mini donuts, should the baking time be decreased?
Yep, I would definitely decrease bake time. Probably by at least half! You can just go until they are springy and a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean 🙂
Oops meant “amending” into mini donuts ????
These look amazing! I don’t have a donut pan…. clearly I need to get one! But until I do, can these be baked as muffins (maybe a bit longer)?
I think you could try, but they might not bake all the way through. I’d say maybe try them as bars instead since they’re flatter!