Vegan Chopped Salad with Spiced Chickpeas
There's nothing more refreshing that a crisp, cool salad on a hot summer day!
Servings 4 Servings
- for the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced (or grated)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
- Pinch of salt
- for the salad:
- 2 romaine hearts chopped
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 batch spiced chickpeas + quinoa
For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk in garlic, tarragon and salt.
For the salad, in a large bowl, toss together the romaine, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat.
Serve into bowls and top with warm spiced chickpeas.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 266mg | Potassium: 655mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6080IU | Vitamin C: 26.8mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 2.1mg