Overnight Mango Buckwheat Porridge
This nutrient-dense overnight mango buckwheat porridge is a super easy breakfast option when you're short on time. You just soak the groats overnight and blend it all up in the morning!
Servings 1 Serving
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill buckwheat groats
- 1 cup chopped mango about 1 large mango
- 1 tablespoon nut butter of choice I used cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup almond milk
- Topping ideas: fresh mango coconut flakes, chia seeds, coconut nectar/maple syrup
Add buckwheat into a large bowl or mason jar and cover with water, covering at least 1" above the groats. Let soak for 2 hours or up to overnight.
Once soaked, drain and rinse buckwheat groats and add them to a high powered blender. Add remaining ingredients in the order listed and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Transfer into serving bowls (or jars), top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Calories: 531kcal | Carbohydrates: 158g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 172mg | Potassium: 1282mg | Fiber: 27g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 1785IU | Vitamin C: 60.1mg | Calcium: 330mg | Iron: 6mg