Best Chickpea Tuna Melt
Make the best chickpea tuna melts for a healthy vegan meal prep with capers, mustard, red onion, dairy-free cheese and mayonnaise.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 can chickpeas , drained + rinsed
- 2 tablespoons mayo (vegan if wanting to make this 100% vegan)
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of choice
- 2 teaspoons chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons dusle flakes (optional for a seafood flavor)
- Generous pinch of salt + pepper
- 4 slices dairy-free cheese
- 4 slices whole grain bread
Mash the chickpeas in a large bowl. Add the mayo, mustard, hot sauce, capers, onions, dulse (if using), salt and pepper. Mix together.
Divide the chickpea salad evenly across all four slices of bread. Top each slice of bread with a piece of cheese.
Place on a baking sheet, into the toaster oven and cook for 5 - 6 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Cut in half and enjoy!
Serving: 1piece of bread | Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 737mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 2mg