Quinoa and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Author - Alyssa Rimmer
Oh, guess what I did? I put quinoa and goat cheese together in a dish again. Surprised? No, I didn't think so. That's a pretty standard combo coming out of my kitchen lately.
And I'm actually totally okay with it. Hope you are too! Because I think this is one of those combinations, like chocolate and peanut butter, that pairs together like two peas in a pod.
Too many analogies there? Okay you're right, sorry. But you get the idea, right? Quinoa and goat cheese are the bomb.
So instead of whipping up a regular old salad, today we're gonna stuff some chicken. We're gonna stuff it with healthy, delectable ingredients. We're gonna make turn a plain old chicken breast into something special. Because quinoa and goat cheese stuffed chicken just makes sense.
Quinoa & Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Steam the spinach in a small saucepan, until wilted.
- Combine the cooked quinoa, goat cheese, wilted spinach, and Italian seasoning, mixing to combine. Season with salt and pepper to your taste. If you want some heat, add a dash of red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Prepare the chicken breasts by slicing them down the side and opening them up like a pita pocket. Stuff the quinoa and goat cheese mixture into each of the split chicken breasts and close them up. Place them in the baking dish and bake for 30 - 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven, let rest of 5 minutes, and serve.