This high-protein Apple Pie Overnight Quinoa is the perfect on-the-go breakfast for work or school. Naturally gluten-free, vegan and packed with tons of flavor!
Being in-between seasons can be confusing for your body. Do we eat a creamy, comforting bowl of oatmeal because it's September or do we stick with our cool and refreshing smoothie bowl? Decisions, decisions.
But with today's new overnight quinoa recipe, I don't think you'll have to choose. We've got all the bases covered with this one.
For starters, it's packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats. Everything you need to stay full and energized all day long.
Then, we've got heartiness from it being a grain-based breakfast, but still that refreshing summer vibe because it's served chilled.
And finally, the flavor. Apple pie is, of course, perfect for fall, but by adding the chunks of fresh (uncooked) apples on top, it makes the whole breakfast bright, juicy and again, refreshing!
Now I've shared a few overnight quinoa recipes before, but this Apple Pie Overnight Quinoa is definitely my favorite.
We start with a base of quinoa flakes, then add chia and hemp seeds for added protein, stir in a scoop of protein powder (which is optional, but definitely makes it sweeter), some cinnamon and nutmeg (<– duh) and top it off with some unsweetened almond milk.
It's one of those breakfasts that tastes fancy but literally takes no more than 5 minutes to make.
I like serving mine with the apples on top then a generous drizzle of peanut butter, but you could certainly stir both of those in if you need a total grab-and-go breakfast option.
Either way, it's going to delight your taste buds, remind you of all things fall, but still keep you in that fresh, feelin' of summer!
If you're looking for more on-the-go breakfast recipes for fall, I definitely recommend you try my Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Breakfast Cookies, the Carrot Cake Chia Pudding, or even my Banana Quinoa Breakfast Bars!
And when you try this recipe, I'd love to see your photos ❤️ you can share them with me on Instagram by tagging @simplyquinoa or using #simplyquinoa!
More Overnight Quinoa Recipes to Try:
- Strawberry + Coconut Overnight Quinoa
- Lemon Blueberry Overnight Quinoa
- Vanilla Almond Overnight Quinoa
- Raspberry Dark Chocolate Overnight Quinoa
- Mango & Overnight Quinoa Flakes Parfait
- Orange Turmeric Overnight Quinoa
- Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Overnight Oats
Apple Pie Overnight Quinoa
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder optional*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup almond milk + more if needed
- 1 small apple chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter optional
- In a wide mouth mason jar, add the quinoa, seeds, protein powder and spices. Top with almond milk and stir (or shake) to combine. Place in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from fridge, stir in a bit more almond milk if needed and top with apples and peanut butter.