These healthy quinoa breakfast bars are the perfect way to start your day. They're flourless, packed full of fiber + protein and sweetened with a banana.
If you’ve ever woken up in the morning, realized it’s an hour past the time you were supposed to be up and you dash out the door with wrinkled clothes, unwashed hair, and barely any makeup on, then these quinoa breakfast bars are for you. (oh no, I’m definitely not speaking from experience or anything)
They make the ultimate on-the-go meal. They’re packed with pretty much everything you need to start your day: carbs for energy, fiber to keep you full, protein to fuel your body and a very small amount of sugar so that mid-morning crash doesn’t hit with force.
Yeah, they’re the real deal.
I’ve been wanting to create a baked breakfast bar recipe for you, but all the ones I've come across haven't been as healthy as I wanted them to be. They were either full of flour, had way too much sugar or relied on eggs to the structure. Knowing that many of you suffer from multiple food sensitivities, my goal was to make these bars super healthy AND without many of the top allergens.
These babies? We’ve checked off all the boxes. They're free from:
gluten // dairy // eggs // soy // corn // and can easily be made nut-free
And the best part? They taste amazing! #WIN
They remind me of banana bread but without all the fat and sugar. With the warming flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg, the sweetness from the bananas, the caramel undertones from the coconut sugar and the heartiness of the quinoa + oat blend, I wish every day started with these quinoa breakfast bars.
But aside from how awesome they taste, I love, love, LOVE how portable they are!
Unlike the no-bake treats I've shared before, or many granola bar recipes you find online, these bars won't fall apart on you and don't need to be refrigerated. I just packed mine up in a plastic container, left them on the counter and they lasted me for 5 days!
So whip up a batch this weekend and store them for the week ahead. You can choose to cut them into brownie-like squares like did here (and yes, I ate at least two in each sitting), or slice them like granola bars. You can even top them with some extra nut/seed butter if you want!
Hope you enjoy them as much as I have been. They're so good!
More Healthy Breakfast Bar Recipes to try:
- Vegan Carrot Cake Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Breakfast Bars with Quinoa
- Morning Glory Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Apple Pie Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Lemon Raspberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars
Flourless Banana-Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats gluten-free optional
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup mashed bananas 2 medium bananas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8"x8" baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the sides with cooking spray.
- Start by whisking together the flax and water. Let this stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, quinoa, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the banana, vanilla and nut butter together. Stir in flax eggs and pour this mixture over the dry ingredients, mixing everything together until fully incorporated. The batter should be moist, but not runny.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake on the center rack for 15 - 20 minutes until the bars are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely in the pan, then remove and slice into squares (or rectangles). Store in an airtight container for 4 - 5 days.
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram using #SIMPLYQUINOA – I want to see your own quinoa creations!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Want more quinoa breakfast recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!