This strawberry coconut overnight quinoa is a healthy vegan breakfast that tastes like strawberry shortcake with hemp seeds, coconut milk, vanilla and fresh berries.
This creamy, dreamy overnight quinoa is a healthy meal designed for breakfast lovers with no time in the morning. Make yourself a big batch of coconut milk and strawberry-layered quinoa at the beginning of the week, and you'll have a delicious breakfast you'll want to get out of bed for.
I'm a huge breakfast person (have you seen my breakfast ebook?!?), especially when it includes a nice serving of quinoa. These oats are naturally high in protein and keep you satisfied all morning long.
How to Make Coconut Overnight Quinoa
This is a no-bake recipe that tastes like dessert. All you need is a container or jar and a few simple ingredients:
- Cooked quinoa. See my guide to making perfectly cooked, fluffy quinoa.
- Chia seeds. These are high in fiber and healthy fats. Plus, they help your quinoa get its thick and spoonable texture.
- Hemp hearts. Full of nutrients and fats, these little seeds help keep you full all morning.
- Vanilla powder. Vanilla extract also works.
- Stevia. Feel free to use your favorite sweetener. Maple syrup is also delicious here. If you want to try a new one, read Monk Fruit 101: Everything You Need to Know.
- Cinnamon. A touch of warming spice balances out the sweetness.
- Coconut milk. I use canned full-fat coconut milk for the best flavor and texture. Just make sure you're using organic and BPA-free.
You can keep overnight quinoa in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
This sweet strawberry and coconut overnight quinoa is delicious on its own with fresh strawberries on top. But if you want to add some extra crunch or flavor, try these other tasty toppings
- Best Ever Vanilla Almond Granola
- Cacao nibs or chocolate shavings
- Almond or peanut butter
- Dairy free yogurt
More Healthy Overnight Quinoa Recipes To Try:
- Vanilla Almond Overnight Quinoa
- Lemon Blueberry Overnight Quinoa
- Raspberry Dark Chocolate Overnight Quinoa
- Mango & Overnight Quinoa Flakes Parfait
- Orange Turmeric Overnight Quinoa
If you make this Strawberry-Coconut Overnight Quinoa, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below!
Strawberry Coconut Overnight Quinoa
- Add all ingredients (minus strawberries) to one large jar and stir together. Tighten lid and place in the fridge overnight.*
- Remove from fridge and arrange in two jars with sliced strawberries. Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram using #SIMPLYQUINOA – I want to see your own quinoa creations!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Want more quinoa dinner recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!