I fully intended to post a recipe for healthy fish tacos today, but chocolate got the better of me. That tends to happen. Especially when it involves a recipe like this. Decadent chocolate-peanut butter brownie cookies.
Perhaps the chocolate bug is hitting because our impending move is starting to stress me out. My kitchen is boxed up. My cabinets are empty. My plates, bowls and glasses are all wrapped in newspaper, packed tightly in boxes. My gluten-free flours stored and organized in bags. Pretty much life as I know it is on hold for the next week.
So why not eat some chocolate, right? And you can't go wrong with cookies like this.
All I really wanted was to make a batch of soft, chewy chocolate cookies. I used a random flour combination, whatever I had that hadn't been packed yet, fully expecting them to fail, but what came out of my oven was sheer brillance (not to toot my own horn or anything).
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies.
Think gluten-free brownies, but in cookie form. Rich, dark chocolate bites of heaven. Soft and pillowy, oozing with melty chunks of chocolate chips. Ooey-gooey deliciousness. But wait there's more. An even better surprise waiting for you. These chocolate cookies are the best of two worlds – chocolate AND peanut butter. A faint hint of creamy peanut butter mixed with all the chocolatey goodness, these chocolate-peanut butter brownies cookies are simply sensational.
It's time my friends. Grab a glass of milk and dunk a cookie (or two).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, oil and sugar. With a hand mixer, beat together until creamy. Add the egg and beat until combined.
- In batches, add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until a stick dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter on the prepared baking sheet, and smooth with the back of a metal spoon.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 10 – 12 minutes, until the cookies have started to brown but are still tender to the touch.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely (or eat one now if you simply can’t resist!).
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 134kcal Calories from fat 67|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
NOW AVAILABLE! Baking with Quinoa
Featuring 25 mouthwatering recipes – all free from gluten, dairy & refined sugar – Baking with Quinoa will show you just how easy it is to make healthy & nutritious baked goods.