This salad is pure summer. Just like this Blueberry Quinoa Salad with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette, it has natural sweetness, vitamins and color from seasonal berries.
And tell me a better match for strawberries in salad than spinach and almonds? I wanted to elevate this classic combo with toasted quinoa and a totally delicious minty honey-lime dressing.
Fresh herbs, leafy greens, juicy fruit and my favorite grain: is there a better summer lunch?
It may be a surprise, but each serving of this vegan salad actually has 10 grams of protein!
Of course, if you like something even more substantial, you can easily add an extra serving your favorite protein. I like to add:
- Crispy Baked Tofu
- Gluten-Free Popcorn “Fried” Chicken
- Vegan Quinoa & Lentil Taco Meat
- Grilled shrimp
Honey-Mint Salad Dressing
The homemade dressing really makes this salad shine. It reminds me of a mojito, but not too sweet. Rather, this basil dressing is tart, light, and refreshing.
That way, the strawberry's natural sweetness gets to shine.
I make the salad dressing in my blender. However, you can make it by hand by just chopping the mint up nice and fine. It will have a bit more taste this way, but it still tastes great.
What to Serve With Strawberry Spinach Salad
In the summer, I love to serve this salad with a light entree. It's fairly satisfying all on its own, thanks to the almonds and quinoa.
Try these summery entrees alongside your strawberry spinach salad:
- Grilled Chicken & Avocado Panini
- Barbecue Grilled Pineapple & Tofu Kebabs
- Zucchini Salmon Cakes with Lemon Dill Pesto
More Quinoa Salads To Try
- Wild Rice Quinoa Salad with Asparagus + Lemon-Turmeric Vinaigrette
- Saffron Middle Eastern Quinoa Salad
- Fall Quinoa Salad with Butternut Squash and Apples
- Moroccan Quinoa Salad
- Green Bean & Almond Quinoa Salad
If you make this Strawberry Spinach Salad with Toasted Quinoa, be sure to let me know what you think with a review below!
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Toasted Quinoa
- 5 oz container fresh spinach about 6 cups
- 1 pint fresh strawberries about 2 cups, quartered
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup toasted quinoa cooled (check out this post for a tutorial)
for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Place all dressing ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add spinach and top with strawberries, almonds and quinoa. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to two hours before serving.