I hope you're not mad that I'm giving you an ice cream recipe today. I know it's officially fall (ex: I'm currently writing this with a steaming cup of tea in front of me) and I should be posting things like pumpkin soup or quinoa chili, but I know we all love ice cream and it really never goes out of style. Regardless of the weather.
Ice cream is an all year round kind of thing, right?
Well even if it's not for you, humor me because I think you're really going to like this recipe. It's a vegan chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream recipe…does it get any better? I'm kind of thinking no…but I'll let you be the judge.
Over the summer I was an ice cream making machine (using my fabulous ice cream maker of course) and this was hands down my favorite recipe of the season – even more so that the black raspberry version I shared. I made a bunch of variations, but this one stuck and we've been making it ever since.
Yes, even now that it's flippin' freezing out. (sorry I just said flippin', it's something my family always says)
So I felt like it was high time to share it with you. The ice cream has a dreamy vanilla base, thick, rich and creamy, and is studded with big chunks of vegan cookie dough (which is also gluten-free and raw!). And to make this recipe even more mouthwatering, those little cookie dough bites?
Yeah they've even got a hint of peanut butter mixed in. Let's just take a minute and drool together, shall we?
Or you can just whip up this yummy ice cream 🙂 Don't forget to come back and let me know what you think!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- for the ice cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- for the cookie dough balls
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons gluten-free oat bran
- 2 tablespoons quinoa bran or more oat bran
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Prepare the ice cream base first by blending all ingredients in a high powered blender until completely combined. Place in the fridge and cool for 1 - 2 hours.
- For the cookie dough balls, whisk together all the dry ingredients in one bowl (minus the chocolate chips), the wet in a separate bowl. Add the wet to the dry and stir to form a dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 1 teaspoon sized balls. I use a measuring spoon that is lightly coated in oil and form the balls with my hands. Place them on a parchment lined plate. Continue forming the balls until all the dough is gone.
- Place the balls in the freezer until the ice cream base is ready to be made.
- Prepare the ice cream according to your ice cream manufacturer's directions. For mine, that was letting the base churn for about 10 minutes, then adding the cookie dough balls and letting it churn for another 10.
- When serving, take the ice cream out of the freezer and let stand on the counter for 10 minutes to soften. Scoop into bowls and enjoy!
Please note that some of the links in this recipe are affiliate links. If you choose to purchase the items through these links (at no extra cost to you), I receive a small commission which helps to keep this site going. Thank you for the support!