Are you noticing a trend? I’m like seriously obsessed with peanut butter lately.
I think it’s because peanut butter (like my beloved almond butter) is a quick, easy snack that is packed with protein and healthy fats, and fuels you up pre- or post-workout. I almost always turn to nut butters for a snack, whether slathered on a rice cake topped with fruit, or made into raw snack bites, nut butter always hits the spot.
What great about these No-Bake Peanut Butter Quinoa Power Bars is they’re a) no-bake, meaning they’re a cinch to throw together, b) loaded with nutrients and superfoods, and c) amazingly delicious!
You know those raw protein bars that cost nearly $2.00 a bar?
Well with this recipe, you can have a 12 bar stock of those healthy treats on-hand all the time. Plus, you’ll be saving a bunch of money! What’s better than that?
I combined many of my all-time favorite ingredients (minus chocolate, we’ll save that for next time) and whipped it into a healthy, superfood packed energy bar that will give you the little boost you need to power through your morning or afternoon workout.
- 7 – 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup unsalted smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Add the dates to the bowl of a food processor fit with the steel blade and process until chopped. Add the nuts, quinoa and seeds and process until a meal has formed. Add the protein powder and process a few times until combined. Add the peanut butter and honey and process until a thick dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a parchment lined baking pan. I used a loaf pan for skinny, thick loaves, but you can also use a square baking dish for bars that thinner. Place the bars in the freezer until set, about 1 – 2 hours. Remove from the freezer and slice into bars. Store in freezer until you’re ready to eat them.
This post was shared on: Thank Goodness It’s Quinoa