Life Changing 5-Ingredient Quinoa Pizza Crust
Author - Alyssa Rimmer
This is the only quinoa pizza crust recipe you'll ever need – only 5 ingredients, stands up to any and all toppings and is made in a blender!
When I first started blogging, like a hundred bajillion years ago (kidding it was only four), I was intent on creating unique quinoa recipes that would grab people’s attention and make them hungry just thinking about it.
Problem was…people eat with their eyes and my photography was downright terrible.
So while my recipes might have been stellar, they certainly were far from appetizing (i.e. definitely not pin worthy) and didn't get the recognition that I had hoped they would.
But I have some gems way back in those archives. Recipes I know you would adore, but I’m far too embarrassed to ever bring to your attention. Instead, I’m going to remake some of those oldies, give them a new spin and definitely provide a little facelift as far as the photography is concerned.
The Best Quinoa Pizza Crust
My first one had to be this quinoa pizza crust.
It’s so tasty and I’ve made it a hundred times, yet for some reason, I haven’t taken the time to repost it. It’s probably because we inhale it the moment it comes out of the oven. Oops!
Now that I’m full-time food blogging (woot woot), I actually have time during the day to make dinner recipes and photograph them. It just means we have to reheat leftovers for dinner, but that’s okay. Matt does a good job and not complaining…too much at least.
A 5-ingredient Gluten-Free Pizza
Okay, let’s talk about this pizza crust.
Usually making gluten-free pizza crust is such a chore. You need to find a good flour blend, you need to proof your yeast, you need to let your dough rise, then you need to par-bake it, and finally bake it again with your toppings. Time-consuming, messy and lots of room for error.
Or on the other hand, you can make this! It’s only 5-ingredients, can be made in your blender, doesn’t require any mixing, proofing, waiting, NADA. Just whizz it up, pour it in your pan and bake.
Quinoa Pizza Crust: Step One
The base of the recipe is quinoa that has been soaked for 6 – 8 hours. While that might seem like a long time and deter you, think about it this way:
When you’re making your cup of joe in the morning, just pull out some quinoa, put it in a bowl, cover it with water and let it sit. Then when you come home and are ready to make dinner, just rinse, blend and bam. Pizza done, dinner served, minimal effort required.
Don’t you just love dinners like that!?
While we might have gone plain jane with our pizza – just sauce and goat cheese – there’s no end to the possibilities. This quinoa pizza crust stands up to it all. So layer it on, go wild and have a fabulous pizza night!
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram using #SIMPLYQUINOA – I want to see your own quinoa creations!
Other Pizza Crust recipes you might enjoy:
- Low Carb Zucchini Pizza Crust
- Vegan Almond Flour Pizza Crust
- Life Changing Sweet Potato Pizza Crust
- The Best Gluten-Free Pizza (yeasted)
- Multigrain Gluten-Free Pizza (yeasted)
- Gluten-Free Quinoa Pizza with Cashew Ricotta (yeasted)
The Ultimate Quinoa Pizza Crust
- Soak the quinoa in water, covering it by at least 1", for 6 - 8 hours.
- Once you're ready to make the crust, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 9" cake pan with parchment paper and drizzle one tablespoon of oil in the center. Spread around with your hands until evenly coated and set pan aside.
- Thoroughly rinse quinoa, then add to a blender. Add the 1/4 cup of water, baking powder, salt and remaining olive oil, and blend on high until smooth and creamy. This should resemble a thick pancake batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove, flip and return to oven baking for another 10 - 15 minutes until browned and edges are crispy.
- Top with sauce, cheese and any other toppings you'd like and bake for 12 - 15 minutes until cheese has melted and started to brown.
- Remove, let cool for a few minutes in the pan, transfer cutting board and slice.
- Garnish with herbs, pepper flakes, grated cheese, etc., and serve immediately!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Want more quinoa dinner recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!
share what you make
tag @simplyquinoa on Instagram with your creations!
we love sharing what you make with the community!