I’m very excited to have Kelly, from Nosh and Nourish with us today! I got to know Kelly after I stumbled on her blog a while ago and absolutely fell in love with her recipes. Her story also really inspired me (I think she’s so brave to put it all out there like that) and I’m glad that she’s been able to share her passion for healthy living with all of us. You’re going to love her recipe for quinoa chocolate chip cookies, and I can’t wait for you to meet her. Let’s get to it!
Let me introduce myself! I’m Kelly, the author, recipe creator, and food photographer behind the healthy living / cooking blog “Nosh and Nourish.” I’ve struggled with weight for my entire adult life, but finally decided life was too short to live perpetually unhappy. I lost over 50 pounds, and have maintained my “new normal” of veggie juices, smaller portions, and less sugar for almost two years. I love incorporating nourishing super foods into every meal for my hubby, adorable toddler, and myself (think quinoa, greek yogurt, chickpeas, greek yogurt, chickpeas, kale, blueberries, etc…) and I manage to keep everything tasting absolutely delicious!
I’m so glad that Alyssa gave me the opportunity to share with you today! Of course I’ll be sharing one of my quinoa recipes with you. So without further ado, let me introduce you to these fabulous Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Perfectly soft, decadent, chocolate-y and buttery, and yet packed with a protein punch from all that quinoa! This classic cookie got a well deserved makeover. Don’t you want to just eat that cookie right off the screen?!
I of course, shared a just-out-of-the-oven pic on Instagram. I love posting process pictures of new recipes, so be sure to follow me on IG if you want to see the behind-the-scenes action!
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup almond milk
- 8 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2¼ cups brown rice flour
- 1¾ cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cooked quinoa, honey, almond milk, butter, and coconut sugar in a food processor. Blend on high until thoroughly combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients to food processor, except the chocolate chips.
- Blend until combined.
- Remove cookie dough from food processor and stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Place 1.5 inch dough balls on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Then, devour!
Or try a few of Kelly’s other favorite quinoa recipes:
- Quinoa Brownies
- Tuscan Chicken Soup
- or my e-cookbook that includes: Quinoa Meatloaf, Peach Cobbler w/Quinoa, Black Bean Quinoa Sliders, and more!
Connect with Kelly / Nosh and Nourish: