These quinoa chocolate chip cookies are to die for. Not only are they super easy to make, but they're also packed with healthy quinoa & are gluten-free!
Is there anything better than a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie? The smell alone has me shaking at the knees.
They've always been my favorite kind of cookie. Ever since I was a little kid and my dad would make us chocolate chip cookies from scratch. I'd sit in front of the oven door watching them bake and would stand – somewhat impatiently – near the cooling rack until he gave us the go ahead.
Chewy, crispy, chocolatey. Pure heaven.
Since I'm a major cookie monster, I'm always trying to come up with new ways to turn my favorite treats healthy. So today I'm sharing my newest love: quinoa chocolate chip cookies!
How to use Quinoa Flour
Quinoa flour is one of my all-time favorite gluten-free flours. It's high in protein which helps give baked goods structure, but it also has this amazing nutty flavor that adds depth to the flavor.
It's also a light colored flour so you don't have to worry about it affecting the look. Someone tasting these cookies would never guess they're gluten-free and vegan!
But what I love most is that there are so many different ways to use quinoa flour. From pancakes, cakes, bread, cookies and more. There's really no end to possibilities when it comes to using quinoa flour in your baking. It's for sure a staple in my own pantry!
The Best Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
The secret to these perfect quinoa chocolate chip cookies? Quinoa flour!
The entire flour base of these cookies is quinoa flour, which makes them nutritious and delicious. For recipes that I'm using 100% quinoa flour, I actually like to gently toast it first to smooth out the flavor and make it taste less bitter. Here's a tutorial on how to toast quinoa flour at home if you've never tried!
In addition to the quinoa flour though, we've also got almond butter which gives the cookies a somewhat crispy exterior and a lovely chewiness on the inside. And of course, dark chocolate chips to finish things off!
All in all, these quinoa cookies use 8 ingredients, one bowl and are ready in about 20 minutes. You can't beat that!
More Quinoa Cookie Recipes:
- Double Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies
- Gingerbread Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- Chunky Monkey Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- Zucchini Bread Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Combine the almond butter, sugar, syrup and egg into a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add in remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips, into the bowl and mix to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough onto the cookie sheet and repeat until all the dough as been used.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!