Chocolate Raspberry Chia Parfaits
These healthy chia parfaits start with a layer of banana chocolate mousse, then a layer of chia pudding and finished off with smashed raspberries on top! This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze.
When your breakfast is both beautiful and nutritious, you know it's going to be a good day!
And that's what we're in for with these raspberry chia parfaits; stunning and colorful, but packed with healthy fats, fiber, protein and natural sugars. Each layer is made with totally natural ingredients, starting with chocolate on the bottom, then “vanilla” and then raspberries.
You're going to absolutely love how simple it is to make!
Let's start with the basics…aka the layers.
Layer 1: mashed raspberries
Layer 2: banana chocolate mousse made with bananas, raw cacao powder, almond butter, almond milk, and chia seeds
Layer 3: chia pudding made with chia seeds, almond milk and maple syrup (+ optional vanilla)
Put them all together and you get this gorgeous breakfast, that doubles as a healthy dessert! Of course, you can layer however you like, I just personally like the look of the chocolate on the bottom and vibrant raspberries on top.
The star of the show, and really what I created the recipe around, is the chia pudding. I've been wanting to change up my breakfast game lately (you know me, smoothie bowls every day), and chia pudding is the perfect option, especially as summer rolls around.
Chia pudding requires just two ingredients, chia seeds, and almond milk, but since it has a fairly plain flavor, you can really have some fun jazzing things up.
My favorite almondmilk to use in this recipe is Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk because of its gentle flavor, smooth texture and a subtle hint of sweetness (which comes naturally from the almonds they use). But Almond Breeze also has a ton of other options, and I've had success with many of them.
If you want to easily change the flavor of the chia pudding without adding spices or maple syrup, I recommend trying their Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk, Unsweetened Chocolate Almondmilk OR their Unsweetened Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend. You can use them interchangeably in this recipes with great results!
Just as I always like to do, I want to give you a few options for changing up the flavors in this recipe and giving you some substitution ideas.
Here are ideas you might want to try depending on your diet preferences:
- Use strawberries instead of raspberries
- Leave out chocolate on the bottom and top with blueberries
- Do a layer of granola on top instead of the raspberries for some crunch
- Add a layer of coconut yogurt instead of chocolate mousse on bottom
- Swap out almond butter for peanut butter
- For banana-free: use 1/4 of an avocado + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
And now…let's see how to make the full recipe on video!
More Healthy Chia Pudding Recipes
- High Protein Carrot Cake Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Quinoa Breakfast Parfait
- High Protein Vanilla Chia Pudding
- Peach Pie Breakfast Parfaits
- Healthy Apple Pie Breakfast Parfaits
- High Protein Chocolate Chia Pudding
Chocolate Raspberry Chia Parfaits
for the chia pudding
for the chocolate banana mousse
for the raspberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Mix together the chia seeds, almondmilk and maple syrup in a bowl. Transfer to the fridge and allow to chill for 30 minutes.
- While the mixture is chilling, prepare the mousse. To a blender add the banana, cacao, almond butter and almond milk. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Transfer this mixture to a bowl and stir in chia seeds. Allow to chill until the chia pudding is ready.
- For the raspberry layer, simply mash the fresh raspberries in a bowl just before serving.
- To serve, evenly distribute all three layers into three jars. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to two days.
This recipe is brought to you in partnership with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze. As always, all opinions are my own. I only share companies I love and trust, so thank you for continuing to support Simply Quinoa!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.