These delicious apple pie breakfast parfaits are a perfect morning treat. They taste like dessert but are full of healthy ingredients like chia and oats!
How about some dessert for breakfast today? Sounds pretty great to me!
I love when I have dessert-inspired breakfasts. They make me feel like I'm indulging when in reality I'm kick-starting my day with something nutritious. And these apple pie breakfast parfaits are exactly that.
They taste like a slice of apple pie but are made with super healthy ingredients. They're filling, they're nourishing and they're the perfect way to start your day!
How to Caramelize Apples
The most important part of apple pie is the apples, right? Some might say the crust, but for me, it's all about the apples. They need to be soft and tender, slightly sweet, with a good layer of cinnamon coating them.
Traditional apple pie is of course baked, but in order to make this breakfast as speedy as possible, baking takes too much time. So instead we're going to saute them which I actually adore.
We're cooking them up in a little coconut oil, with a dash of maple syrup and cinnamon and holy moly they're perfect. Slightly caramelized, warm, sweet and just like that classic apple pie filling. And it cuts our prep time down to about 10 minutes!
Making a Healthy Breakfast Parfait
Once we've got our apples going, it's time to talk layers!
I know you love quick and easy breakfasts, so we're keeping things as simple as possible. Just four layers, ready in about 10 minutes and filled with nutrient-dense ingredients like oats, chia seeds, apples and yogurt.
Our four breakfast parfait layers are…
- Chia & Oat Pudding
- Homemade granola (I use my apple cinnamon granola)
- Caramelized Apples
- And some coconut yogurt on top!
A Simple, Healthy Vegan Breakfast
What I love about parfaits is their simplicity. You can make them super quickly, you can keep them in jars and take them with you on the go.
Getting a healthy breakfast every single day can be tough. And what's great about these parfaits is that you can totally make the components ahead of time and then quickly assemble them in the morning. It's a tasty breakfast to enjoy at your desk or even while you're sitting in class.
I sure wish I had been making things like this when I was in the corporate world ???? would have made life SO much easier!
More on-the-go Breakfast Ideas:
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Salted Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Chocolate Raspberry Chia Parfaits
Apple Pie Breakfast Parfaits
for the apples:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 apples chopped
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 - 2 teaspoons cinnamon
for the parfait:
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup granola your choice
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Once melted and shimmery, add the apples, syrup and cinnamon. Saute until apples are softened and starting to caramelize about 6 - 8 minutes.
- While the apples are cooking, stir together the chia seeds, oats and almond milk. Set aside.
- Once the apples are done cooking, remove them from the heat and prepare the parfaits. Divide the chia-oat pudding evenly between four jars. Top with 2 tablespoons of granola, 1/4 of the apples and top with 2 tablespoons of coconut yogurt.
- Drizzle with a touch more maple syrup and a sprinkle of granola if desired!
9 comments on “Healthy Apple Pie Breakfast Parfaits”
This parfait is delicious and well-balanced–it has just the right amount of sweetness.
Yay! I’m so glad you enjoyed it 🙂
Pingback: Simple Healthy Dinner Ideas : HEALTHY FALL BREAKFAST RECIPES ‣‣ quick & easy breakfast ideas
Pingback: Paleo & Keto Holiday Dessert Recipes – FreakyFitness
How many days do you think this recipe would last for meal prepping?
At least a few! But just note that the apples might turn brown 🙂
This was delicious
These apple pie breakfast parfaits are awesome! I love the combo of crunch from the granola and smoothness from the pudding, combined with the apples is A+