Healthy Vegan Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
Author - Alyssa Rimmer
These are the perfect Vegan Raspberry Oatmeal Bars and they're made with just 9 simple ingredients and use only one bowl! Also healthy, gluten-free & naturally sweetened!
It's been a cold and gloomy last few days here in NYC, so I decided I'd create something bright and Spring-worthy for you to snack on (or enjoy for breakfast!). Sometimes we just need a sweet treat to brighten up our day and these vegan raspberry oatmeal bars are certainly up for the job.
Not only are these bars vegan and gluten-free, but they're also a cinch to make, have less than 10 ingredients and can be flavored whichever way you choose. I've been snacking on one before I go to yoga and it provides just the little energy boost I need without weighing me down.
Of course, they also make an awesome breakfast treat too!
There three key things that every oatmeal bar needs:
- a sturdy base that's not soggy or crumbly
- a good layer of sweet jam
- a golden brown crumble topping
And these babies tick all three boxes with ease!
Our base and topping are actually the same, so we really only have to use one bowl to whip up this recipe. It's a blend of quick cooking oats, almond flour and quinoa flour which makes them high-fiber, high-protein and filled with healthy fats.
We've also sweetened it with a touch of maple syrup (also delicious with honey) and added some coconut oil to help give them a bit more shape.
The thing I did differently this time around was to add a flax egg to the crust and par-bake it. I really didn't want them to be crumbly, and I couldn't remember the exact texture of my apricot bars because it had been a while, and I was thrilled with the results.
The base is firm and crispy and holds up perfectly against the jam.
For our jam, I used my raspberry chia seed jam. I've been obsessed with making chia seed jam lately because it's one of the easiest recipes and is way healthier than what you buy at the store.
If you don't want to make the chia jam, no worries at all. Store-bought definitely works!
And if you're not a fan of raspberries? Also no problemo! You can swap the raspberries for any other jam or fruit preserve.
(next up, I'm trying strawberry & an apple version — they'd both be perfection!)
So if you've been searching for an easy (and healthy) make-ahead breakfast recipe, you've found it! They'll last you all week long, are portable and double as the perfect sweet treat to wind down with after a busy day. Especially next to a cup of tea ♡
More Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes:
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Breakfast Bars with Quinoa
- Carrot Cake Chia Pudding
- Triple Berry Quinoa Breakfast Bake
- Blueberry Banana Protein Baked Oatmeal
VIDEO: How To Make Vegan Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
Healthy Vegan Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Mix in the syrup and coconut oil and crumble with your hands until it resembles a coarse, sandy texture. Remove 1/2 cup of the dough for the topping.
- Add the flax egg to the bowl and stir to form a sticky dough. Transfer the dough to the baking pan and press it evenly with your fingers or a flat-bottomed glass.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove and top with raspberry jam. Spread the jam evenly over the layer of dough, leaving a little at the edges so it’s easier to remove from the pan. Crumble the reserved oat topping over the jam.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until the oats are golden brown. Remove and cool for 30 minutes, then transfer to the fridge and cool completely. Slice into squares and serve!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
share what you make
tag @simplyquinoa on Instagram with your creations!
we love sharing what you make with the community!