Valentine’s day is right around the corner my dears, which means your inboxes are about to be flooded with decadent chocolate treats. I hope you’re ready for it. I know my mouth is already watering thinking about all the desserts we’re about to see.
And I’m starting today with my newest chocolate obsession. If you have my book, Baking with Quinoa, than you’ve already seen my recipe for Chocolate Quinoa Crispy Treats. Well today, I’ve taken that idea and made you some candy.
Think chocolate quinoa crunch bars.
But don’t worry, this is the healthy kind of candy. The kind of candy that you can enjoy with no fear. You’ll be worry free and your waistline will thank you for it.
These chocolate quinoa crunch bars are insane. They’re super chocolatey, semi-sweet, uber-crunchy and seriously amazing. And the best part? They’re crazy easy to make!
So, what do you say? Let’s bring on the chocolate candy!
Oh, but wait, before we do, there’s some serious business to attend to. This past weekend, we reached 4,000 fans on Facebook. Can you believe that? 4,000!! Thanks to all of your love and support, the QofQ community is growing and you, my friends, are helping spread the love of quinoa all around the world. It’s amazing!
As promised, with each 1,000 fan mile mark we reach on FB, there will be a fun giveaway. Today’s giveaway is extra special to me because it’s all about quinoa and the yummy recipes that have come out of my very own kitchen. You guessed it, today you’re getting a chance to win a free copy of Baking with Quinoa!
And this time, it’s not only for just one of you. Nope, today I’m giving away three copies of this awesome ebook.
To whet your appetite even more, there are lots of decadent desserts in this book that would be perfect for your Valentine’s Day celebration – chocolate galore!
- Double Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies
- Vegan “Peanut Butter” Chocolate Cake
- Flourless Quinoa Chocolate Cake
- Fudgy Quinoa Brownies
- Chocolate Quinoa Crispy Treats
First, the recipe for Chocolate Quinoa Crunch Bars!
- Line a 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and spray the exposed sides with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and stevia until it starts to thicken.
- Add the quinoa crispies (minus the amount you set aside for garnishing), and mix until full incorporated.
- Spoon the chocolate-quinoa mixture into the dish and spread with a spatula until it’s uniform and smooth on the top.
- Sprinkle with remaining quinoa crispies and sea salt.
- Place the baking dish in the freezer for at least two hours, until the chocolate bars have hardened.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
- note: store the uneaten chocolates in the freezer so they don’t melt.
And now, the giveaway!!