Superfood Chocolate Quinoa Bars
Author - Alyssa Rimmer
These healthy superfood chocolate quinoa bars are a tasty little snack that is packed with energizing ingredients. Great for on the go or before a workout!
Does it get any better than chocolate? I mean I'm a chocolate-any-time-of-day kind of girl, but I especially love it as a snack. I almost always find myself craving something chocolate in the mid-afternoon and rather than reaching for dark chocolate, lately, I've been reaching for these:
Superfood Chocolate Quinoa Bars ????????
They're packed with good-for-you ingredients, but taste amazingly decadent. I've even snuck on some melted dark chocolate for those who need a little more persuasion. After all, life is about balance and when you can combine superfoods with chocolate you know you're on the right path.
The Best Superfood Ingredients
I think people classify superfoods differently, but for me, to be a true superfood, an ingredient has to have a multitude of benefits. While the ingredient list for the chocolate quinoa bars might seem long, I've chosen each one specifically for what they bring to the table.
Here's a highlight of my favorites:
- walnuts: full of healthy fats and omega-3s
- pumpkin seeds: high in calcium, iron and other minerals
- raw cacao powder: packed with antioxidants and naturally energizing
- spirulina: highly detoxifying, high in protein & full of calcium & iron
- hemp seeds: high in protein and omega-3s
And that's just a few of them. These bars are LOADED with amazing ingredients!
How to make No Bake Energy Bars
Just like how we make energy balls, we make no-bake energy bars the same way! In your food processor.
We'll begin by blending up our nuts and dates until they resemble a sandy texture. Then add in the rest of your ingredients and blend it together until it forms a sticky dough.
This step is where it differs: rather than rolling the dough into balls, you'll simply dump it into a baking pan and press it evenly into the bottom to form a smooth, packed surface.
Pop it in the freezer and let it harden up (or in this case drizzle it with chocolate first). Then just slice it into bars and you're good to go!
Why You Need These Chocolate Quinoa Bars
You know I love a good energy ball, but sometimes I just want a bar instead. These chocolate quinoa bars are my new thing. They're easy to make, they're a great change of pace, they're packed with an insane amount of nutrients and they taste pretty freaking great too.
They've also got a rocking texture!
We've got softness from the dates, crunch from the quinoa crispies, chewiness from the dried fruit and just the right amount of chocolate. Not too dark, but also not too sweet.
If you've been looking for a new healthy snack, you've found them. These babies are nourishing, they're energizing and they're tasty. Pretty much the ultimate combo if you ask me!
More Healthy No Bake Snack Recipes
- No Bake Snickers Banana Bites
- Raw & Vegan Carrot Cake Bites
- No Bake Peanut Butter Power Bars
- Healthy No Bake Chocolate Quinoa Cookies
Superfood Chocolate Quinoa Bars
- Food Processor
- Add the dates, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds and coconut into a food processor. Blend on high until a sandy texture has formed. Add the cacao, hemp, goji, spirulina and almond butter and process until a dough starts to form. Pulse in the quinoa crisps.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment lined 8" x 8" baking pan. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan, making sure to get it into the corners.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top and garnish with desired toppings.
- Place the pan in the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, remove the bars from the pan and cut into squares. Store in the freezer for best texture.
share what you make
tag @simplyquinoa on Instagram with your creations!
we love sharing what you make with the community!