By now you know, I love chocolate. It’s one of my many weaknesses. One that tempts me each night. One that I can’t stay away from as hard as I try. One that makes me do a happy dance with every bite.
But most people think that chocolate can only be reserved for dessert.
Well, I’m here to tell you how very wrong they are. Chocolate is also the perfect breakfast food. Whether it’s mixed in a smoothie, in a gluten-free muffin, or in a fabulous breakfast bread, you can never go wrong with chocolate.
Feel like your breakfast could use a little chocolate infusion? You’re going to love this zucchini breakfast bread…especially since it involves CHOCOLATE!
- ½ cup (64 grams) toasted quinoa flour
- ½ cup (70 grams) super fine brown rice flour
- ½ cup (90 grams) tapioca starch
- ¼ cup (32 grams) raw cocoa powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- ½ cup (55 grams) flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini, pressed between two paper towels to remove the excess liquid
- 1 medium banana, smashed (about ⅓ cup)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9″ loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and transfer to the bowl of a stand-up mixer, fitted with paddle attachment.
- Add the shredded zucchini and banana and stirring until combined.
- Beat together the wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl and slowly add to the dry ingredients, mixing on low until fully incorporated, 1 – 2 minutes.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and smooth the top with the back of a plastic spatula.
- Bake in the center of a warmed oven for 50 – 60 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack until fully cooled, 20 – 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- Top with your spreads of your choice. My favorites are almond butter or coconut butter.
This recipe is shared on: Whole Food Fridays