5-Ingredient Healthy Zucchini Fritters
Look for a quick appetizer or side? These Healthy Zucchini Fritters use just 5 ingredients and are ready in about 20 minutes. They're also naturally gluten-free and high in protein!
Ever been in the scenario where you have people coming over for dinner that night and have zero clue what you're making? Yea, me too.
It's stressful, it's exhausting and it kind of makes the whole idea of hosting not too appealing.
Since I've been in the same exact boat, I wanted to give you a super quick appetizer that I know your guests will love! These healthy zucchini fritters use just 5 ingredients, are a cinch to whip up and they taste delicious! (they're also a great way to use up all that summer zucchini!)
How to make Healthy Zucchini Fritters
Let's start with our zucchini. We're using shredded zucchini in this recipe and since zucchini is 95% water, it's important that we drain it of the liquid. The easiest way I have found to do this is to grate the zucchini, transfer it to a clean dish towel and then squeeze out the water. From there, your zucchini should be nice and dry, perfect for these fritters!
Then we essentially just add everything to a bowl, stir it together and then sear them up!
Ways to Serve Your Fritters
Of course, plating them up and letting people dig in is totally cool, but if you're trying to class things up a bit, here's what I recommend:
- Layer on hummus and microgreens
- Make a quick tahini dressing
- Top with a dollop of coconut (or greek) yogurt
- Dip in spicy ketchup (sounds weird, but it's GOOD)
Also, these can be saved for later and reheated!
I like to actually reheat mine in the toaster oven and use them as a “toast”. Rather than toasting up some bread, I'll toast a few of these healthy zucchini fritters, top them with my favorite sandwich toppings and make eat them like an open-faced sammie.
So simple, a great way to sneak some in some extra veggies and seriously delicious!
VIDEO: How to Make Healthy Zucchini Fritters
Other healthy fritter recipes:
- 5-Ingredient Sweet Potato Fritters
- Curried Carrot & Sweet Potato Fritters
- Spiralized Sweet Potato Fritters
Healthy Zucchini Fritters
- Add the zucchini to a clean dish towel. Squeeze out all the water and transfer it to a bowl.
- To the bowl, add the flour, scallions, eggs, salt and pepper. Stir the mixture together with a spatula or wooden spoon until combined.
- Add 2 - 3 tablespoons of coconut oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, form small patties out of the zucchini mixture in your hands.
- Cook the fritters until golden brown, about 2 - 3 minutes, then flip cook an additional 2 minutes. Transfer the fritters to a cooling rack.
- Repeat this process with the remaining mixture.
- Serve slightly warm as is or with your favorite sauce!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.