Start your day with a bowl of pumpkin breakfast quinoa. It's warm, comforting, and incredibly nutritious with quinoa flakes, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and spices. Packed with fiber, protein + vitamins!
I'm all about super fast breakfast recipes.
If you've tried any of my other 90-second breakfast quinoa recipes, then you know what I'm talking about. For a dose of seasonal flavor, this quick gluten-free breakfast is made with pumpkin puree.
Once fall starts, there's no such thing as too much pumpkin if you ask me. So it only makes sense to start your day with this healthy and fast meal!
How to Make Pumpkin Breakfast Quinoa
This recipe literally takes less than two minutes and just a few simple ingredients. You can mix up the flavors if you like too.
Ingredients You'll Need
Here's what you need to make pumpkin quinoa for breakfast:
Plant-based milk. I like almond milk, but you can use coconut milk, cashew, or any other dairy-free milk you like.
Quinoa flakes. This cooks up quickly and makes a porridge-like texture.
Spices. You can use any warm fall spices you like! Try pumpkin pie spice or good old cinnamon for a classic pairing with pumpkin.
For added sweetness, feel free to use your favorite sweetener. I like maple sugar, but maple syrup, brown sugar or honey are all great options.
It's easy to mix up the flavors and mix-ins in this recipe. Try these ingredients t put your own spin on breakfast quinoa:
- Extracts: add vanilla extract. Almonds extract is also delicious!
- Coconut: add coconut oil for extra heartiness and satiating fats
- Nuts: stir in almonds, walnuts, or pecans
- Yogurt: top the bowl with yogurt (I love vanilla coconut)
- Nut butter: add your favorite nut butter on top (it's so good with my vanilla cashew butter!)
- Dried fruit: old in dried cranberries, chopped dates, or raisins
- Spices: mix up the spices with cardamom, nutmeg, or allspice
- Fresh fruit: top your porridge with sliced bananas, apples, or pears
- Sweetness: drizzle with honey or maple syrup
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Quinoa Porridge
Aside from how fast and tasty this recipe is, it's also packed with health benefits. For starters, quinoa flakes are high in both fiber and protein. Like whole grain quinoa, it includes all of the essential amino acids humans need.
Pumpkin brings a whole slew of vitamins, minerals, and even more fiber to the party. With Vitamin A and C, magnesium, potassium, and zinc, pumpkin is truly a superfood.
One bowl of this pumpkin breakfast quinoa provides 7 grams of plant-based protein, almost 7 grams of fiber, AND 254% of your daily Vitamin A as well as 94% of your daily iron.
Did I mention that it tastes like pie?
Once you try this creamy pumpkin quinoa porridge, you're going to want to make it all season long.
More Quinoa Breakfast Recipes to Try
PS: if you make pumpkin breakfast quinoa recipe (or any others!) make sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram using hashtag #SIMPLYQUINOA – I want to see your creations!
90-Second Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Quinoa
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon*
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg*
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger*
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pecans + additional maple sugar for topping optional
- Combine the quinoa flakes, pumpkin, maple syrup, and milk in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer, stirring constantly until thickened, about 90 seconds.
- Stir in spices.
- Transfer to a bowl, and top with pecans and maple sugar if using.