Quick and easy breakfast quinoa that's flavored with chai, filled with protein, and takes just 5 minutes to make. With 16g of plant-based protein in each bowl, this recipe will quickly become your morning go-to!
One of the most common myths about following a plant-based diet is that you will not get enough protein. And when it comes to breakfast, it's assumed that unless you're using a protein powder, you just aren't going to get what you need.
Well, I'm here to prove that theory wrong! Because now you have a recipe that is high-protein and doesn't use any strange powders. Just pure, whole food ingredients that are nourishing and filling.
What better way to start your day than a bowl of this protein-packed breakfast quinoa? It's quick and easy to make (can be ready in under 5 minutes!), can be meal prepped, and each serving contains 16g of plant-based protein!
How to Make a High Protein Vegan Breakfast Bowl
One of the main reasons why I love quinoa is its nutritional benefits. One cup of quinoa has 8 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, tons of vitamins, and minerals, plus quinoa is an excellent source of complex carbohydrates, which digests more slowly in your system and helps you stay full longer!
We have also topped this Chai Breakfast Quinoa with chia seeds and almond butter to ramp up the protein. Those simple ingredients combined create 16 grams of protein in this incredibly filling quinoa breakfast bowl!
Want some other ideas for amping up the protein content? Check out my list of the best sources of plant-based protein!
How to Meal Prep Quinoa for Breakfast
I know how much you all love our meal prep series, and this breakfast quinoa is 100% meal prep friendly! You can make a big batch on a Sunday and this will last you all week long.
Best of all? Change up the topping each day and it will feel like a completely new recipe!
Here are some of my favorite topping ideas:
- Almond butter, blueberries, and seeds (what we've got here!)
- Peanut butter, banana, and cacao nibs
- Coconut yogurt, sliced strawberries, and chia seeds
- Cashew butter and stewed peaches
To store it, just make a quadruple batch of the quinoa, divide it into jars, and top it with your desired toppings. Seal the jars completely, then reheat when you get to the office (or enjoy it cold like overnight oats).
More Easy Breakfast Quinoa Recipes:
- 5-minute Savory Breakfast Quinoa
- Caramelized Butternut Squash Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
- Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa
- Healthy Hot Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Apple Pie Overnight Quinoa
- Quinoa Power Breakfast Bowls
- Triple Berry Quinoa Breakfast Bake
Chai Breakfast Quinoa
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons blueberry jam
- 2 tablespoons seed mix
- Add the almond milk and tea bags into a small saucepan. Warm the milk and allow the tea to steep for 4 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, press out any extra tea, and add the remaining breakfast quinoa ingredients. Stir until quinoa has warmed, about 1 minute, and transfer to two bowls.
- Top with half the toppings indicated above, or your favorite toppings of choice.