These healthy Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are incredibly soft and gooey in the center. Plus they're gluten-free (made with oat flour) and refined sugar-free!
And sometimes you want a sweet treat that's also good for you. These soft, chewy almond butter cookies are my newest take on classic chocolate chip cookies. They're gluten-free and held together with an egg and creamy almond butter, which means that every bite is incredibly rich, flavorful and satisfying.
This is the kind of dessert that doubles as a mid-morning or afternoon snack. So go ahead and make a big batch, you'll have the perfect pick-me-up every day of the week.
How to Make Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
You only need one bowl and eight ingredients to make these cookies (including salt!).
- Creamy almond butter. Choose one without added ingredients, preservatives or sweeteners.
- Maple syrup. You can also substitute honey or agave.
- Egg. This holds the cookies together and makes them nice and tender.
- Vanilla. The perfect flavor pairing with warm almond.
- Oat flour. This gluten-free flour brings the cookie dough together and adds a tasty, hearty texture and flavor.
- Baking soda. To help your cookies rise a bit as they bake.
- Chocolate chips. You can use any kind of chocolate for these cookies, from bittersweet to white.
Can I Use Other Nut Butters?
Yes! If you prefer cashew, peanut or even sunflower seed butter (for a nut-free version), you can easily swap the almond butter for another nut butter. Just be sure to use creamy, not chunky, nut butter.
Can I Make The Cookies Ahead of Time?
You can store these almond butter chocolate chip cookies on the counter for up to four days. Because they're made with almond butter, they won't go stale as quickly as cookies made with regular flour and butter.
For longer storage, pop them into the freezer for up to four months. Let the cookies defrost on the counter before serving. Or, for a treat, you can pop one into the microwave for 30-40 seconds to warm it a bit.
More Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Gluten-Free Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Vegan Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you make these gluten-free Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below!
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat together the almond butter, syrup, egg and vanilla. Once smooth, beat in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet. Lightly flatten them with your hands.
- Bake on the center rack for 10 - 11 minutes until the cookies are golden brown. Remove and allow to cool before digging in!