Chilled Avocado & Zucchini Soup
Author - Alyssa Rimmer
This Chilled Avocado and Zucchini Soup is the perfect summer staple. Ready in 10 minutes, is packed with fiber, is light and healthy, and tastes delicious!
When you're craving soup and it's the middle of the summer? Gazpacho!
I'm a soup person through and through, and while this chilled avocado and zucchini soup isn't a classic gazpacho, it's still a chilled soup and it's awesome. Light, refreshing, fiber-rich and so tasty!
This recipe is also made in your blender in about 10 minutes, which you really can't beat (especially when you have zero desire to cook). The only thing we're cooking in this entire recipe are some leeks and they take about 3 minutes to make!
I fell in love with gazpacho while I was living in Spain during my semester abroad program, but honestly, it's not something I make often at home. I personally love soups. Matt, on the other hand, could probably go his entire life without eating another soup, so our compromise is usually my slow cooker quinoa chili.
But chunky quinoa chili when it's 90ºF out? No gracias.
Perfect Chilled Zucchini Soup
Chilled soups though? Now that's something I can get on board with!
This recipe is incredibly simple to make; you just saute some leeks, add everything into a blender and blend until creamy. Serve cold with some garnishes and dinner (or a fancy appetizer) is ready!
Just about 10 minutes from start to finish!
Amazing Benefits of Avocado
For me, texture is everything. I want a soup that is silky smooth. Not partly chunky (unless it's supposed to be that way), but smooooth, luxurious and creamy.
That's where our avocado comes into play!
As I'm sure you already know, avocado is an incredible nutrient-dense food. Some of the amazing benefits of avocado include…
- Packed with healthy fats & fiber
- High in protein (actually the highest protein & lowest sugar fruit out there!)
- Full of vitamins like A, B, C, E and K
- Loaded with trace minerals like magnesium, potassium and iron
But avocado is also a great way to add a smooth texture to things like soups, smoothies and even baked goods. There's really nothing avocado can't do to win my heart!
Whether you're whipping up a light meal to serve at home, want something that you can bring to work with you, or you're having a party and need a healthy appetizer (these are perfect served as “shooters”), this Chilled Avocado & Zucchini Soup is here to save your day.
You're going to love the flavor, the texture is on point and it's so refreshing having something to cool you off. Hope you love it!
More Summer Zucchini Recipes to Try:
- 5-ingredient Healthy Zucchini Fritters
- Zucchini Noodles with Lime -Arugula Pesto
- Zucchini Bread Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai Salad
Chilled Avocado & Zucchini Soup
- Heat the oil in a small pan. Add the leeks and saute until softened, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Transfer the leeks to a blender, followed by the cucumber, zucchini, cilantro, scallions and spices. Add 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1 cup of water. Blend on high until smooth.
- Remove the lid and add the avocado and remaining liquid, blending again until smooth. For a thinner soup, add additional liquid 1/4 cup at a time (blending between each addition), until you've reached your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- If soup is at your desired temperature, serve immediately. If not, chill in the fridge until cold.
- To serve, pour the soup into bowls and optionally garnish with chopped zucchini, a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh cracked pepper.
share what you make
tag @simplyquinoa on Instagram with your creations!
we love sharing what you make with the community!