Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that you are having a lovely morning so far, surrounded by your loved ones, enjoying their company. If you're lucky, you're looking out your window to a winter wonderland (not for me, but a girl can dream).
To honor favorite holiday, I baked you one of my most favorite treats in the world, pumpkin bread. But this isn't any old pumpkin bread, this is a Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread. It's soft and moist with a sweet mapley finish and a hint of warm spices. This bread is comforting, and perfect for Christmas morning.
Warmest of wishes from my family to yours. Happy Holidays!
adapted from the spunky coconut
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 3 tablespoons soy-free butter (like Earth Balance), melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray the uncovered sides of the pan with non-stick cooking spray, or grease with oil.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fit with the paddle attachement, add the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, stevia, butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (minus the walnuts) and add the to the stand mixer. Beat until a smooth batter forms. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the walnuts.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven for 50 – 55 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
- Serve slightly reheated in the toaster oven with your favorite nut butter or buttery spread!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1751kcal Calories from fat 919|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 102g||157%|
|Saturated Fat 40g||200%|
|Dietary Fiber 37g||148%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
NOW AVAILABLE! Baking with Quinoa
Featuring 25 mouthwatering recipes – all free from gluten, dairy & refined sugar – Baking with Quinoa will show you just how easy it is to make healthy & nutritious baked goods.