These healthy pumpkin tahini blondies will be your new favorite treat! Super light and fluffy, sweetened without any refined sugar, no oil and 100% flourless!
As if we needed another excuse to use pumpkin in our baking, I'm coming at you with a crowd favorite. One of those recipes that I wasn't sure would work, but I got double thumbs up from my picky family. That's how you know it's good!
So what are we making? Well, we're taking a few of my favorite things and mashing them all together into on EPIC bar. We've got pumpkin, we've got tahini, and we've got blondies. All wrapped into one delicious treat!
These pumpkin tahini blondies are soft, chewy, full of flavor, not too sweet and super simple to make. They're also gluten-free, flourless and they don't use any oil or refined sugar!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Tahini Blondies
I created this recipe based on my flourless peanut butter chocolate chip bars, using the same methodology, but changing up the ingredients. Here's what you'll find inside these chewy tahini blondies:
- Tahini: this is the base of our bars and gives them a unique flavor! If you don't like tahini (or can't eat sesame), you could replace that with almond or cashew butter.
- Pumpkin: because what would pumpkin tahini blondies be without our pumpkin!!
- Coconut Sugar: my granulated sweetener of choice – it adds a kind of caramel-like flavor, without being too sweet.
- Eggs: this recipe does rely on the eggs for that light and fluffy cake-like texture. I haven't tried this vegan, but I think it might work as long as you add some coconut flour and are okay with them being pretty gooey.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: hands down the best spice blend that ever existed and is a must for any pumpkin-flavored dessert!
- Pecans: I always like to have something crunchy with my baked goods. These are optional but quite delicious in my opinion!
And then we're also adding some baking soda, and sea salt to finish everything off!
How to Make Flourless Blondies
What if I told you these blondies are easy as 1, 2, 3? Because they are. Easy peasy!
- Mix your batter using just one bowl
- Pour the batter into the baking sheet
- Bake the bars
And that's it! The hardest part is waiting for them to cool so you can slice them up. Now this is my kind of baking!!
The Perfect Chewy Tahini Blondies Recipe
These pumpkin tahini blondies are perfect. They're chewy, they're light and they're kind of cakey at the same time. They have a spring to them which reminds me of cake, but also a gooiness that is more like a blondie/brownie.
Best of all they're healthy. They're packed with protein and healthy fats, they are fairly low carb, fairly low sugar and still totally delicious! One bar is just 138 calories with 3g of protein and just 3g of sugar. Beats the other pumpkin bars you might find at your bakery that's for sure!
And that's pretty much it, my friends! I can't wait to see you recreate these amazing bars on your own. When you make them, be sure to snap a pic and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @simplyquinoa ❤️ happy baking!
More Healthy Pumpkin Bars Recipes:
- Easy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars
- One Bowl Vegan Pumpkin Cornbread
Flourless Pumpkin Tahini Blondies
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs , beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pecans , chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tahini, pumpkin, coconut sugar, eggs, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and stir well to create a smooth, runny batter. Pour the batter into the baking pan and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake the bars for about 20 - 22 minutes, until the top is firm and lightly golden. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.