These amazing Pumpkin Quinoa Breakfast Bars will make all your fall dreams come true! High in protein, fiber and complex carbs, they're the perfect way to start the day!
When pumpkin season strikes, you know we're going all in.
Last week, I picked up 12 (yes, 12!) cans of pumpkin puree because it was on sale thinking it would last me at least until February. Nope, already running through them like crazy and only have 4 left.
So what have we been up to? Well for starters, if you haven't tried my Vegan Pumpkin Donuts, hit pause on this recipe and make those asap. Next, I've been making loaf after loaf of my Quinoa Pumpkin Bread. We slammed our way through a batch of my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes yesterday, annnd I've been testing these new quinoa breakfast bars!
What I love about making pumpkin treats is that pumpkin is actually quite nutritious. Not only is it a teeny bit sweet, which means we can reduce our sugar, but it's also fiber-packed and is an awesome way to reduce the oil in recipes!
And just like with these pumpkin quinoa breakfast bars, we're making everything with nutrient-dense, protein-rich ingredients to make them the perfect breakfast treat!
Quinoa breakfast bars have been around SQ for about 2 years now, but why it has taken me this long to try a pumpkin variety, I'll never know. Because these babies are SO delicious!
They're gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, refined sugar-free and can easily by make without nuts. Plus, they only use one bowl and are awesome for meal prep!
But my favorite way to enjoy them?
Slightly warmed, with a drizzle of nut butter and a cup of hot coffee (or pumpkin spice matcha latte). This was pretty much my breakfast scene all week long this past week and it was heavenly.
Since the weather has seemed to turn more towards winter, warm, cozy breakfasts like this are a must!
But I also must insist these breakfasts are also nutritious. Because I'm a firm believer that how you fuel your body has the largest impact on your health.
So if you're someone who struggles with energy, these quinoa breakfast bars would serve as a perfect breakfast. The protein and healthy fats will help fuel you up, the fiber will help keep you full and the natural sugars won't spike your blood sugar and cause that mid-morning crash.
And dipped in a steaming up of coffee? Even better!
I can't wait to see your recreations of these breakfast bars ❤ make sure to share a photo with me on Instagram by tagging @simplyquinoa or #simplyquinoa!
More Breakfast Bar Recipes to Try:
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Breakfast Bars with Quinoa
- Lemon Raspberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Strawberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Morning Glory Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Apple Pie Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Vegan Carrot Cake Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Flourless Banana-Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- 1/2 cup mashed banana about 1 medium
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice or seed butter for nut-free option
- 1 flax egg 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 Tbsp water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds optional
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8″x 8″ baking pan with parchment paper and grease the sides with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the banana, pumpkin, nut butter, flax egg and syrup until smooth. Add oats, quinoa, sugar, hemp seeds, baking powder and spices, and mix everything together until fully incorporated. The batter should be moist and somewhat sticky.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake on the center rack for 22 - 23 minutes until the bars are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely in the pan completely, then remove and slice into squares (or rectangles). Store in an airtight container for 4 – 5 days in the fridge.
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.