5-Ingredient Sauteed Garlic Green Beans
Author - Alyssa Rimmer
These sauteed garlic green beans are the easiest recipe you'll ever make! They use just 5 ingredients, taste incredible, are gluten-free and vegan, and make the perfect side dish. They're especially great for the holidays!
It's nearly holiday season and I've got some good recipes coming your way! As you're planning your holiday tables, I actually love starting with the sides. For me, and I know a lot of others who follow a plant-based diet, the sides are where it's at. So I make sure that I have plenty of allergy-friendly sides that everyone who comes to eat can enjoy. Plus, sides are just so tasty and you get to have so many more flavors on your plate!
We're kicking things off with a simple side dish that can be used all year long. It's my favorite green bean recipe and one that my parents have made for years!
We're making sauteed garlic green beans and here's the deal: they use just 5 ingredients, are ready in about 15 minutes and they can even be made ahead and reheated for your holiday table!
Ingredients for Garlic Green Beans
I know that the holidays can be stressful, that's why I like to keep things as simple as possible. Giving you dishes that don't use a lot of ingredients and are simple to make. These healthy sauteed green beans are it!
Here's what you need to make them:
- Green beans: that you'll want to wash, trim and then cut in half
- Olive oil: or whatever other oil you like to saute with
- Garlic: and we're using a lot of it! Make sure to go with your own tastes. If you're not super into garlic, feel free to just use a little less.
- Tamari: one of my favorite ways to add flavor and salt at the same time. I use this low-sodium gluten-free one!
- Sliced almonds: just to give the dish a little crunch. You can leave these out or you could replace them with another nut or seed.
The Easiest Holiday Side Dish
Truly this is one of the easiest holiday side dishes you'll ever make. We start by just warming up the oil in your skillet. Then we saute our green beans with our garlic until everything is fragrant and cooked. We add in some tamari and our almonds and DONE.
That's it. Honestly. See how easy?
And you can also make these oil-free by just steaming the green beans first and then cooking them quickly with the garlic, tamari, and almonds. Either way, they'll be delish!
What to Serve with Garlic Green Beans
Now…let's talk about what these fabulous garlic green beans pair with! I personally think these are great for Thanksgiving, so I'd recommend going with a spread like this. This is what I'm planning to make for Thanksgiving this year and it's perfect for plant-based eaters and meat-eaters alike!
- Creamy mashed potatoes
- Mashed sweet potatoes
- Herb Crusted Tofu (and/or Turkey)
- Vegan Cornbread Stuffing
- Mushroom Gravy
And of course, no Thanksgiving plate would be complete without a gorgeous slice of pie. Here's my favorite Vegan Pumpkin Pie or you could make these fabulous Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Bars and turn them into pie.
Sounding pretty tasty? I think so!! Happy holiday cooking and I can't wait to see your spreads ????
VIDEO: How to Make 5-Ingredient Sauteed Garlic Green Beans
More Easy Holiday Side Dishes to try:
- Gluten-Free Quinoa Flour Naan
- Butternut Squash & Lentil Patties
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
- Smoked Salmon Spread with Roasted Red Peppers
- Healthy Spaghetti Squash Fritters
- Butternut Squash & Sage Cornbread
- Fall Quinoa Salad with Butternut Squash & Apples
5-Ingredient Sauteed Garlic Green Beans
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the green beans and garlic and saute for 5 minutes. Add the tamari a splash at a time, helping the green beans to steam a little and quicken the cooking process.
- Once the green beans are nearly done, add the almonds.
- Serve immediately or reheat in the oven at 300ºF.
share what you make
tag @simplyquinoa on Instagram with your creations!
we love sharing what you make with the community!