These healthy Vegan Pumpkin Donuts are not only gluten-free, but they're also naturally sweetened and topped with a healthy coconut butter icing!
One of the best stress reliefs for me is baking. So this time of year, with the holidays quickly approaching, I find myself whipping up all sorts of crazy concoctions in the kitchen.
Luckily, for a pumpkin lover like me, the holidays just so happen to be the perfect time to stress bake. Because I know you guys won't roll your eyes with ‘yet another pumpkin recipe'. You are just as amped as I am! #bringonthepumpkin
These donuts weren't as easy as I would have liked. Usually, it only takes me two tries to nail a baked good, but this is my 6th attempt. Yes, numero 6!
But all that hard work has certainly paid off because these vegan pumpkin donuts are SO delicious!
My criteria for a perfect donut includes…
- soft texture
- not too sweet
- preferably egg-free
- and hopefully healthy
These donuts? They hit all the categories and then some!
My favorite brand is, of course, Bob's Red Mill. You already know how much I adore their products, and pretty much only use their flours in my baking.
What I love about their gluten-free oat flour is that it has a really fine texture. Unlike making oat flour in a blender, this actually resembles a finely milled flour making it even better in baking.
Their almond flour? Same thing. It's ground to be super fine, so there aren't any weird chunks or pockets of moisture in the baked good.
You could leave these babies plain, but since it's the holidays, I figured we needed to indulge a little bit more.
We're making a maple-coconut butter icing that takes these donuts over the top. And the best part is, it's crazy simple to make!
You just melt everything together with the coconut butter until it turns into a thick, creamy icing that you can drizzle ALL over them! Just make sure to sprinkle on some chopped nuts to add the extra crunch!
Whether you're craving something sweet (and healthy), you need to use up the last of your canned pumpkin, you're looking for something to serve for Thanksgiving morning, or a combination of all three, these vegan pumpkin donuts have you covered!
They're the perfect holiday treat and I can't wait to see your recreations!
And just to help you out even more, I even have a video! Check it out below 🙂
How to make these Vegan Pumpkin Donuts:
More Healthy Pumpkin Baking Recipes:
- Gluten-Free + Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies
- Skinny Pumpkin Quinoa Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with Almond Flour Pie Crust
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Gluten-Free & Vegan Pumpkin Donuts
for the donuts
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or oil of choice
- 2 tablespoons nut butter of choice I used my Maple Mixed Nut Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a donut pan and set it aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the wet ingredients. Add to the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir it together until combined.
- Scoop the batter into a plastic bag or pastry bag. If using a plastic bag, snip the corner off to create a makeshift pastry bag. Pipe the batter into the donut pan and then spread it out evenly with a spatula or your fingers. Bake on the center rack for 18 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, melt together all the icing ingredients until smooth.
- Allow the donuts to cool for a least 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Drizzle with icing and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts if desired.
This recipe is brought to you in partnership with Bob's Red Mill. As always, all opinions are my own. I only share companies I love and trust, so thank you for continuing to support Simply Quinoa!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.