This Vegan Golden Milk Latte recipe is sweetened with monk fruit and spiced with cinnamon and cardamom for a healthy, antioxidant-rich, comforting drink.
I love treating myself to an afternoon latte. But a daily latte habit at the local coffee shop or Starbucks can really add up. Luckily, you can make just as delicious foamy and creamy vegan lattes at home for a fraction of the cost.
Plus, you get to control exactly how your drink tastes, how sweet it is, and even the temperature. Once you try making your own golden milk latte, you'll be hooked.
How to Make Vegan Golden Milk Lattes
Ready for some good news? This homemade vegan latte recipe is just five ingredients (plus water). It's refined sugar-free, dairy-free and chock-full of good-for-you spices.
Here's what you need to brew your own golden milk latte at home:
- Ground turmeric. This golden spice is loved for its vibrant color and high antioxidant count. It's a natural anti-inflammatory agent as well.
- Cinnamon. A touch of warming cinnamon compliments the earthiness of turmeric.
- Cardamom. This is my secret addition to turmeric lattes. It's so comforting and homey tasting. You can use ground cardamom or grind your own using whole pods for an even bolder flavor.
- Almond milk. This is optional, and only necessary if you like a creamier, frothier, and thicker latte. You can also use another favorite plant-based milk, like oat milk, soy milk, hemp, or coconut.
- Monk fruit. This is also optional. It's a natural calorie-free sweetener that I like to add to my drinks. You can read more about monk fruit in my post Monk Fruit 101. Other sweeteners that work well include honey (if you're not vegan), agave, coconut sugar and maple syrup.
The only piece of equipment you need to make this quick 5-ingredient turmeric latte is a blender. In fact, you could even make this recipe using a foaming wand if you have one and don't want to break out the blender.
What is Golden Milk?
Golden milk is another name for a turmeric latte. It may or may not have other spices and sweeteners added. Usually, shops make golden milk with dairy-free milk (that's the latte part of golden milk), but you can also make golden milk with just hot water.
Do Turmeric Lattes Have Caffeine?
Nope! This recipe is entirely caffeine-free. However, if you'd like a boost of caffeine, you can add a shot of espresso for a dirty golden milk latte.
More Healthy Drink Recipes
If you love this Vegan Golden Milk Latte Recipe, be sure to let me know with a rating & comment! And follow along on Instagram for more recipes!
Vegan Golden Milk
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup almond milk (optional)
- Monk fruit to sweeten (optional)
- 2 cups hot water
- Add all the latte ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add to a mug and enjoy immediately
1 thought on “Vegan Golden Milk Latte”
aSo delisiousweawesome drink