This Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is not only easy to make but it's also nutrient-dense, high-protein, gluten-free and irresistibly delicious!
I've been holding onto this recipe for months and I'm so excited to finally share it with you!
I don't know why I kept it on the back burner because it is seriously delicious. Simple to make, packed with nutrients, and who can say no to the banana-chocolate chip combo? Honestly, the best!
If you've made any of my other almond flour bread recipes, then you're going to recognize the ratio of ingredients. We start with pretty much the same base for all of them, and then switch up the liquid ingredients and spices to give it a whole new flavor. They don't even resemble the same recipe, and yet they're nearly identical.
Here's why I like doing this:
- You've already purchased the ingredients, so you're able to use them up in new, unique ways
- You won't get bored by making the same recipe over and over again
- You'll become an expert and can then create your own flavor combos from there
This almond flour chocolate chip banana bread uses up my favorite baking staples: almond flour, quinoa flour, arrowroot starch and coconut flour.
I have done a lot of experimenting and have found this combination of flours yields amazingly fluffy and tender baked goods. We've made vegan blueberry pancakes and healthy pumpkin bread, just to name a few.
It's versatile, has a wonderful flavor profile, and it's incredibly nutritious!
I talk a lot about the protein content of quinoa on the blog, and that is one of my favorite reasons to add it into my baking mixes. But quinoa flour mixed with almond flour takes it to another level. Not only are we getting a really high-protein slice of bread, but we're also getting healthy fats, fiber and minerals.
So basically we've got…healthy + banana + chocolate. That's pretty much perfection in my book!
I personally adore starting my day with a warm slice of this healthy banana bread, spreading it with some peanut butter (or homemade honey roasted peanut butter would be even better), and enjoying it alongside a cup of my frothy Pumpkin Spice Matcha Latte.
Nutritious, delicious, protein-packed and just the right amount of fuel to get me through a busy morning. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
More healthy quick bread recipes:
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Cranberry Quinoa Banana Bread
- Quinoa & Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread
- Quinoa Almond Flour Sandwich Bread
- Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup toasted quinoa flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or oil of choice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips + more to garnish
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar to garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and whisk to combine. Add eggs, banana, oil, syrup and vinegar and beat until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf tin, sprinkle with additional chocolate chips and turbinado sugar (if using). Bake on the center rack for 40 – 45 minutes (mine took 45) until the top has turned golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 1 hour then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.