Fluffy Vegan Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes
Author - Alyssa Rimmer
The fluffiest blueberry quinoa pancakes made with nutritious, whole-grain flours and without any dairy, eggs or gluten. Perfect to serve for brunch!
I just got back from spending a week at my parent's house in Vermont, which was as wonderful as ever. I'm always well-fed, we have lots of hang out sessions by the fire and walks in the woods, but it's our weekend morning routines I love the most.
The dogs wake up early, so that means I'm out of my early too, but then we spend all morning just hanging out. We read the paper, drink our tea + coffee and always have blueberry pancakes. On Saturday I didn't get out of my pjs until noon. It was magnificent.
I think that's why blueberry pancakes hold such a special place in my heart. There's almost nothing I'd rather do than spend a lazy morning weekend with the people I love most eating a big stack of homemade blueberry pancakes (drizzled in a generous helping of pure maple syrup, of course).
These vegan blueberry pancakes are my newest go-to recipe. I've been making the same quinoa pancake recipe forever now but just recently made one teeny tweak that changed the whole texture of the pancakes.
They went from being light and tender to the fluffiest cakes I've ever tried. The secret? Coconut flour.
I don't bake much with coconut flour these days because it usually requires a ton of eggs (which I'm not eating very often these days), but what I've realized is that when you use it in small amounts it can add AH-MAZING texture!
With the pancakes, it's the ingredient that makes them the best pancakes I've ever tasted. They're ultra fluffy, but also moist and tender. They soak up the maple syrup but don't fall apart when you cut into them with your fork.
AND they don't need any weird binders. Just simple, whole-grain goodness with all the flavor and none of the junk.
Watch how to make my Vegan Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes
And now it's time to turn it over to you…
What's your favorite lazy morning breakfast? Do you have a family tradition that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? Share yours below! Let's make each other smile because family = the best thing ever <3
More Tasty Pancake Recipes to try:
- Fluffy Vanilla Coconut Pancakes
- The Best Quinoa Flour Pancakes
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Healthy Zucchini Pancakes with Quinoa Flour
- Healthy Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Vegan Apple Cider Pancakes
Fluffy Vegan Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes
With the pancakes it's the ingredient that makes them the best pancakes I've ever tasted. They're ultra fluffy, but also moist and tender. They soak up the maple syrup, but don't fall apart when you cut into them with your fork.
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup quinoa flour I like to toast mine
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons almond oil or other light flavored oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen, but frozen will turn them more blue!
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat.
- Whisk together the flax and water and set aside to gel.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- Beat together the flax eggs, milk, oil and syrup then pour into the dry and mix until a smooth batter forms. Fold in the blueberries.
- Lightly grease your griddle with nonstick cooking spray or coconut oil. Ladle ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle and repeat until you have filled your pan. Cook the pancakes until small bubbles begin to form around the edges, about 2 - 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 1 - 2 minutes longer until the other sides are golden brown. Repeat until no batter remains.
- Serve warm with fresh berries (or fruit of choice) and pure maple syrup.
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Want more quinoa breakfast recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!
share what you make
tag @simplyquinoa on Instagram with your creations!
we love sharing what you make with the community!