If you’ve ever been wanting a quinoa recipe that goes with everything, this is it.
Seriously. From sweet, to savory. From breakfast, to dinner. It’s just plain perfect.
And the best part? It only uses three ingredients!
That’s right. THREE.
Coconut milk, quinoa and lime. Plain, simple and absolutely amazing.
Truth be told, I’ve never really cooked quinoa in coconut milk before. I always just use water (watch my video tutorial!) and then flavor it afterwards.
This has opened up a whole new world. I’ve been dreaming of the possibilities since first tasting it. And don’t worry, when I do make new variations, you know they’ll be coming your way!
For now, just enjoy this crazy delicious and absurdly easy coconut lime quinoa. You’re going to love it.
My favorite uses so far:
with black beans and salsa
topped with a fried egg and chopped avocado
served on top of a salad
used as a taco filling
AND eaten 100% as is!
Sound tasty? Share this with your friends!
- 2 cups coconut milk (any variety)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 limes, juice + zest
- Add coconut milk, quinoa and lime juice to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 12 – 15 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat stir and let stand until cool.
- Stir in the zest of both limes and serve either as is or slightly reheated.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 764kcal Calories from fat 481|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 53g||82%|
|Saturated Fat 43g||215%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram using #SIMPLYQUINOA – I want to see your own quinoa creations!