This coconut lime quinoa is made with only three ingredients and goes with everything – from breakfast to dinner. It's also vegan + gluten-free too!
If you’ve ever been wanting a quinoa recipe that goes with everything, this is it.
Seriously. From sweet, to savory. From breakfast to dinner. It’s just plain perfect.
And the best part? It only uses three ingredients!
That’s right. THREE.
Coconut milk, quinoa, and lime. Plain, simple and absolutely amazing.
Truth be told, I’ve never really cooked quinoa in coconut milk before. I always just use water (watch my video tutorial!) and then flavor it afterward.
This has opened up a whole new world. I’ve been dreaming of the possibilities since first tasting it. And don’t worry, when I do make new variations, you know they’ll be coming your way!
For now, just enjoy this crazy delicious and absurdly easy coconut lime quinoa. You’re going to love it.
My favorite uses so far:
with black beans and salsa
topped with a fried egg and chopped avocado
served on top of a salad
used as a taco filling
AND eaten 100% as is!
Sound tasty? Share this with your friends!
More Quick & Easy Quinoa Recipes:
- Kimchi Fried Quinoa
- Quinoa Greek Salad with Chickpeas
- 10 Minute Vegetable Quinoa “Fried Rice”
- Buffalo Cauliflower Quinoa Mac + Cheese
- Spicy Green Mexican Quinoa
3-Ingredient Coconut Lime Quinoa
- Add coconut milk, quinoa and lime juice to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 12 - 15 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat stir and let stand until cool.
- Stir in the zest of both limes and serve either as is or slightly reheated.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram using #SIMPLYQUINOA – I want to see your own quinoa creations!