This creamy turmeric cauliflower soup is anti-inflammatory, healing for the gut and so delicious. It's also naturally vegan, packed with protein and simple to make!
In case you can't tell from my recent recipes, but I'm head over heels for turmeric these days (I'm looking at you Lemon Turmeric Quinoa…)! I add it to almost everything and I am seriously loving how I'm feeling.
Turmeric is an incredible spice that not only adds flavor and color, but it also has healing properties. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin which has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, as well as promoting joint, heart and lung health. It's been used in Eastern medicine practices for thousands of years!
And that's exactly why I'm calling this a healing turmeric cauliflower soup. Because it's good for your body and your soul!
The other secret ingredient in this soup? Almond Breeze's Almondmilk Cashewmilk blend!
You guys know how much I adore my creamy soups, and this blend is the perfect addition. It's thick and creamy, but without a ton of added fat or calories like you typically see in creamy soups – think heavy cream or coconut milk. By using this blend, we're able to still achieve that luxurious texture, but keep it light and healthy.
I'm super excited to be partnering with Almond Breeze for a series of six posts this year, showing you how you can use plant-based milk as a healthy substitute to dairy. And we're going beyond just smoothies and baking; I've got lots of savory meals planned and I can't wait to share them with you!
To make our cauliflower soup, we start by roasting the cauliflower with some garlic, shallots, oil and spices. This gives the soup a smokier flavor, while also meaningless hands-on time for you. Just chop, toss and roast!
Once your veggies are roasted, we start to assemble the soup. You just toss everything together in one pot – your veggies, red lentils, broth and non-dairy milk, and blend away.
I used an immersion blender for this one, but you could totally use your blender or food processor to get this texture. And in all honesty, you could also just leave it as is if you like chunky, brothier soups. Either way, it would be delicious!
I topped mine with some chopped kale (because I didn't have herbs on hand), some cracked pepper, a spritz of lime and a drizzle of the almondmilk cashewmilk blend. Served with a slice of my favorite quinoa bread and ahhh…just delicious!
I've had it for two days straight and am already planning on making another batch this weekend. It's one of those soups that I know I'll keep coming back to because it makes me feel good from the inside out.
My belly is happy, my mind is happy and my soul is happy. Yep, it really is a healing soup!
More Soup Recipes to Try:
- Healing Cauliflower Holiday Soup
- Roasted Broccoli Chowder
- Quick & Healthy Tomato Bisque
- Vegan White Bean and Mushroom Soup
- Creamy Chili Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Detox Turmeric Lentil Soup
Healing Turmeric Cauliflower Soup
- 1 medium head of cauliflower chopped
- 1 medium shallot quartered
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend divided
- Garnishes: fresh herbs cracked pepper, lime, olive oil, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Add the cauliflower, shallots and garlic to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and spices and toss to combine. Transfer veggies to a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once roasted, transfer veggies to a saucepan. Add lentils, broth and 2 cups of milk, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, the cover and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth. Stir in remaining milk.
- Serve immediately and top with desired garnishes.
This recipe is brought to you in partnership with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze. As always, all opinions are my own. I only share companies I love and trust, so thank you for continuing to support Simply Quinoa!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.