This Honey Oatmeal Banana Bread is packed with nutrient-dense flours, sweetened naturally and uses just one tablespoon of oil. It's healthy and nutritious!
I woke up the other day craving a slice of honey oat toast. I didn't have the time or energy to deal with a yeasted bread, so I took one of my current favorite bread recipes, my Cranberry Banana Quinoa Bread, made some tweaks and turned it into this.
A semi-sweet, perfectly tender honey oatmeal banana bread that just so happens to be super healthy too!
It's sweetened with a blend of coconut sugar, bananas and honey, and uses four nutrient-dense flours for its base. Inside we've got protein-rich quinoa flour, almond flour which is full of healthy fats, oat flour which is high in fiber and flaxseed meal which contains omega-3 fatty acids. AND it only uses one tablespoon of oil!
And the best part? It's a honey oatmeal bread that you can make in less than an hour!
Unlike yeasted bread, this quick bread is actually quick to make. It gets its lift from a combination of apple cider vinegar and baking soda, as well as eggs. That makes it a bit more friendly on the gut, but still light and fluffy.
A thick slice of this bread is the perfect way to start your day!
You guys already know I like to slice up my whole loaf, freeze the sliced individually, and then I can just pull a few out when I'm ready for some brekkie.
For serving, I like to toast mine up, spread it with a little creamy peanut butter (or my maple cinnamon nut butter), then drizzle it with a touch more honey. It's simple, fast and super nutritious. It'll fill you up, give you a nice little energy boost and leave you feeling fueled all morning long!
More Healthy Bread Recipes to Try:
- Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread
- Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread
- High Protein Quinoa Bread
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Gluten-Free + Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Vegan Gingerbread Loaf
Healthy Honey Oatmeal Banana Bread
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together until the batter comes together. Fold in the oats.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 35 - 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool for 10 - 20 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Serve slightly reheated (or toasted) with peanut butter and honey!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.