These peach mojitos have a healthy spin with fresh fruit, lime juice and plenty of mint leaves, sweetened with honey instead of sugar.
When stone fruit season rolls around every summer, I'm eating fresh peaches, nectarines and plums from breakfast to dessert. And you didn't think I could leave out drinks, did you? I've always loved the combination of fresh herbs and sparkling bubbles in mojitos.
So naturally, it makes sense to unite my love for juicy ripe peaches with one of my go-to summer cocktails. This light peach mojito recipe uses real fruit for flavor and just a touch of sweetness from honey instead of simple syrup. It's the perfect warm-weather drink for BBQs, picnics or a regular Tuesday night.
How to Make Mojitos with Fresh Peaches
If you can find ripe, local peaches for your mojitos, you're in great shape. Here's what else you'll need to make these summery drinks:
- White rum. You can use any brand you like.
- Lime juice for zip and a bit of astringent citrus flavor.
- Peaches. The riper, the better! You can use white or yellow peaches, or both for a pretty combination.
- Honey. For a vegan cocktail, use maple syrup.
- Fresh mint. You can never have too much mint in your mojitos!
- Sparkling water for a nice effervescent fizz on top.
Tips & Tricks for Peach Mojitos
Here are some tips to perfect your fizzy peach mojitos:
- I like to blend the rum, lime, peaches and sweetener in a blender for a smooth and thick texture. If you don't have a blender, you can mash the peaches by hand.
- It's easiest to muddle the mint leaves with a muddler, but a mortar and pestle will also work.
- If you like extra fruit flavor, you can use your favorite fruity sparkling water to finish the drinks.
You can easily make peach mojitos alcohol-free by omitting the rum. You'll have a delicious, peachy and fizzy drink for any time of day.
More Easy Summer Drink Recipes
If you make these fresh peach mojitos, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below!
- 4 oz white rum
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 ripe peaches*
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 16 - 20 oz sparkling water
- Ice as needed
- add the rum, lime, peaches and honey into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide the mint between four glasses and muddle it in the bottom of the glasses.
- Add ice and divide the sparkling water between the four glasses.
- Pour the peach mixture into each glass.
- If using, add a few pieces of the extra peach for garnish.